Chapter 7: King of Faith and Wisdom

Leidleykey remained kneeling beneath the deity statue, overwhelmed by a sense of despair, as if the sky had fallen.

Yonshin found amusement in his distress and asked, "Why do you want them to see me so badly?"

Leidleykey opened his arms and devoutly spoke to Yonshin on the godly platform, "If they cannot see God, how can they believe in God? How can they listen to God's will?"

Yonshin inquired again, "Why do you want them to believe in me?"

Suddenly, Leidleykey found himself at a loss for words; in his view, belief in God required no justification.

Yonshin pressed on, "Or is it that you believe their faith in me is crucial for my existence? Do I cease to exist without their faith in me?"

"I am here, visible or not, I remain here. I have no divine will to bestow upon you. As long as you can proliferate, create your own civilization, that is sufficient."

Leidleykey approached, kneeling at Yonshin's feet, "We believe in you not because you need us, but because we need you."

"Like..."

He struggled to find the right words, until he looked through the temple's pillars at the vast sea and the sun.

"Like!"

"Life needs water, needs light."

Yonshin smiled, as an atheist himself. Even if the god who truly created the universe stood before him, he only saw a powerful higher life form. The concept of God in his mind differed entirely from Leidleykey's.

His expression remained indifferent, showing disdain for the term "God," even though he himself was referred to as a god.

However, Leidleykey below was resolute.

But the next words from Leidleykey moved Yonshin.

He lowered his head beneath the godly platform, at Yonshin's feet, tears filling his eyes.

The tone became somber, the voice somewhat mournful.

"God of Race."

"What I fear the most is that if I die one day, who will come to serve you in this temple? Who will guard this temple until the end of time? If even my children cannot see you, how will all of this continue?"

"You are so supreme, able to bestow wisdom and life upon all things, capable of changing this desolate and lifeless world, yet unable to change your own loneliness."

Yonshin looked at him.

He initially wanted to say, "This is just your own thought."

"I don't need anyone to guard this giant mound, and I won't stay in this temple until the end of time. I will leave one day; you are not guarding me, just a piece of stone."

However, watching Leidleykey's tears, for some unknown reason, he softened.

"What do you want, then!"

Leidleykey wiped his tears, looking up at Yonshin.

"I want to create a great civilization, one that will never fade away."

"I want them to forever worship you, forever surround this temple."

"I want to establish an everlasting covenant with all Trilobites, ensuring that they guard this palace from generation to generation, imprinting their faith in their bloodline."

Yonshin shook his head at the still innocent Leidleykey.

"These things only have meaning to you, they mean nothing to me."

"There is no eternal civilization; even the sun in the sky will eventually extinguish, and the universe is inevitably heading towards destruction."

"No matter how great a civilization is, it cannot withstand the erosion of time."

"No matter how devout a faith is, it will be forgotten. Even the grand and sturdy temple and statues will eventually collapse into ruins."

Leidleykey couldn't comprehend the meaning behind these words; he felt that these utterances contained the mysteries of time and eternity, beyond his reach.

Yonshin touched his helmet, his voice not as indifferent and hollow as usual.

"But if you're willing to do it, then go ahead!"

"If these things are what you consider the meaning of life."

Leidleykey concluded, "If one day I die, please take something from me and keep it by your side."

"This way!"

"I can accompany God forever."

Yonshin watched Leidleykey's departing figure from the temple. Finally, he felt that Leidleykey was no longer just an insect, a creation casually crafted by himself.

He was a living, breathing life, a being with emotions.

They continued expanding their city around the towering temple, creating their own city, guarding the pyramid and temple in the center.

From a few hundred initially, the Trilobites grew to thousands.

This island finally acquired a semblance of civilization and a city-state appearance.

The Trilobites learned reverence, and a power structure developed within their civilization. They dared not speak Leidleykey's name, addressing him as the King of Wisdom, and called the city God's Gifted City.

Meaning, everything was bestowed by the divine.

In the valley behind the pyramid, a palace was constructed, where Leidleykey and his children resided.

Leidleykey assigned various duties to his sons within God's Gifted City, from construction to food production, warehouse guarding, and more.

They held power and unified thousands of Trilobites. The initially equal Trilobites were now divided into different classes.

This Trilobite kingdom or city-state began to have a simple power structure.

Leidleykey was the king, and his sons became the first-generation aristocracy of the Trilobites.

One day, Leidleykey's second son rushed in, kneeling before him with an anxious expression.

"Great King of Wisdom, someone has been swallowed by the sea again."

Leidleykey sat on the cold stone throne, looking at his second son.

"How many?"

The reply came, "The entire team has not returned."

Leidleykey stood up, a sense of worry overcoming him.

He was concerned not only about the loss of life but also about the hidden crisis behind this.

The term "swallowed by the sea" meant those who ventured into the deep sea and never returned, most of them lost forever.

This was not the first time.

With the increase in the number of Trilobites, their food supply from capturing insects and crafting food from soft-tongued snails became insufficient. Even their attempts to sun-dry underwater plants as food were in vain.

Gathering thousands of Trilobites together in this era, they were like colossal beings, enough to deplete the sea near the islands, and there was no possibility of finding food on land.

Their appearance was too abrupt for this world, which wasn't ready to embrace Trilobite civilization.

In God's Gifted City, people began to starve, forcing them to venture into the deep sea. However, the deep sea was far from the peaceful haven they imagined.

The ocean could nurture life, but it could also devour it.

Many Trilobites got lost in the deep sea, trapped in dangerous areas, or encountered unforeseen circumstances, never to return.

Leidleykey knew that the Trilobite civilization had encountered its first crisis.

If he couldn't overcome this hurdle, let alone establishing a great civilization, it might come to a halt here.