chapter eight. breaking the law

( RONNIE ) I can't lose you, Lexie

( LEX ) I love you, Ronnie. I feel so sappy,
saying it like this, crying in your arms,
but I do. I love you."

"

CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT. breaking the law
woodsboro, september 26, 1996

Vic's flat isn't far away from the venue. It's in a bad area, and as Lex unlocks the front door, the sound of police sirens makes the hair on Ronnie's neck stand up. He bites his lower lip, pushing his partner into the hallway, following close by. None of them spoke a word to each other on the walk here, all they did was hold hands in silence, shooting each other glances sometimes.

"Do you think he'll need the lawyer?" Ronnie says as the two climb up the stairs, fingers still locked.

"It's always better to have a lawyer, Ron. But honestly, they won't find a knife with Victor, and they'll have to let it go. Probably." The crease on their forehead deepens with worry — this was Lex. Would never openly tell you how much they care for you, but they do.

They've arrived on the fourth storey landing now, and Lex carefully opens the apartment door. "I don't think I can sleep tonight," they whisper as they enter the narrow hallway, Ronnie following behind them. The apartment is small and stuffy, a strong scent of weed in the air. Lex scrunches up their nose; while they do smoke, Ronnie knows they hate the smell of it.