Chapter 3: Jujutsu Sorcery and a Stray Hunt

Ryota's Apartment
Ryota POV
I woke up like any other day I described to this moment.

Honestly, nothing's changed since my reincarnation as a devil. Aside that I most sure can't let my family know now. Being jujutsu royalty sucks.

I did my ordinary routine for mornings. Shower, get dressed and eat breakfast. Just as I was about to get my bag and head out, I heard a knock on my door.

Ryota: Hm?

I went up to my apartment door, and to my surprise...it's Rias.

Ryota: Rias?

Rias: Suprised?

Ryota: Yeah, a little...What're you doing here?

Rias: Just on my way to school. But I thought I'd walk with you today.

Ryota: Eh...? Why?

Rias: I walked with Issei yesterday so I think I should at least give you a chance to as well...And besides...We can have a chance to chat and bond.

I don't know what Rias is talking about or what's going on with her. But I don't think she'll leave me alone. So I don't think I have a choice in this. I joined Rias in walking to school with her.

Small Timeskip
Streets
3rd Person POV
Rias and Ryota were seen walking to school together. Ryota seemed a bit awkward.

Ryota's Mind: (What do I even do? I've never even talked to Rias. What should I ask?)

Just then, Rias turned around.

Rias: I'm curious about you, Ryota.

Ryota: Hm?

Rias: You said you were familiar with coverups. Right?

Ryota nodded.

Ryota: Yeah. I am.

Rias: Wanna go into further detail about it?

Ryota took a deep breath and exhaled for a moment. Afterwards, he turned to Rias.

Ryota: You sure about it?

Rias: I run an Occult Research Club...Don't I? Come on now, you can speak up.

Ryota moved his eyes away from Rias and then sighed.

Ryota: Well...To put it to simple terms...I'm a jujutsu sorcerer.

Rias stopped and stood there for a moment. It seemed as if she was frozen in place.

Rias: Mm...?

Rias finally spoke some words.

Rias: Wait...You're kidding right?

Ryota shook his head.

Ryota: I'm not. It's still a thing to this day. A group of humans defending humanity against the creatures we call, the Cursed Spirits.

Ryota went up to Rias, and she put her hand on her head.

Rias: That's really a surprise for me. My father once told me all about jujutsu sorcerers when I was younger. I didn't know they still existed to this day.

Ryota: I guess I can understand that. Jujutsu sorcerers only have two schools they can attend to become sorcerers. Tokyo and Kyoto. But they both write down that their schools are a religious school as a coverup.

Rias: And that explains your familiarity to using coverups.

Ryota: Yeah. You could say I'm pretty familiar with the supernatural.