19. Nonno

I left taking a towel with me and my phone

I left taking a towel with me and my phone. I left my room after putting on my slippers. I got to the pool and everyone was already there.

I sat my phone, towel and sunglasses on a free sunbed so I wouldn't have to sit at the sun later.

Aly was already playing chicken fight with Valentino, Zackary and Arturo and she was on top of Valentino.

"Lucy. Wanna join?" Aly asked as I stood in front of the pool just staring.

"No, thanks. I'll just dip my feet in." I yelled back giving her a smile. It was fake.

I was basically glaring deadly at the pool water as if it had done me something. I felt eyes on me and like someone was sneaking up on me. I acted like I didn't sense anything and when the person put their hands on me, I grabbed their arm before I they could push me and pushed them instead.

The person popped their head out the water and started coughing running their hand down their face and through their hair. It was Dami.

"Hey, what was that for?" He shouted with a playful glare.

"Don't act innocent. You started it." I yelled and shook my head. I knew he was distracting me as usual felt another person behind me.

I moved quickly as they were about to tackle me to the pool. What do they want from me?

Donatello dipped his head over the water and I laughed at their faces. Before I could even process what was happening, I was picked up by the waist making my eyes widen.

The person ran with me to the pool before I could process and jumped. I was in a trance and could barely move or open my mouth to scream. But as soon as the water touched me I climbed to the person with dear life, wrapping my legs and arms around them and shut my eyes tight.

I felt the person come up out of the water and could hear the laughs of everyone and the parents talking, but I blocked them all.

"Hey, you ok?" I heard Nico whisper into my ear. My heart to my chest and I could hear my blood rush to my ears.

"Y-yea." I stuttered by didn't let go. He started swimming to the side of the pool and he ripped me off him much to my dismay.

I was so scared I was trembling.

"Piccola, look at me." He told me. I took a deep breath as I calmed down in looked up at me.

"You can't swim?" He asked but sounded much like a statement. I sigh knowing there was no use hiding it from him.

Everyone was too busy in their own thing to notice us and I'm glad as I didn't want any attention. I'm not embarrassed but still.

It's only because I can't swim. It's because I've been drowned for god knows how many times ever since I was little. I can't get over the times I've been drowned. It brings back memories. Unwanted memories.