Chapter 3

>>>Kalley<<<

Ugh this again, Kalley thought as Artemis started her speech. She did this every year, trying to recruit new huntresses. Kalley really hoped that Leah wouldn't take an interest in it. Even though Kalley had only known Leah for a few hours, she was starting to warm up to Leah, and she didn't want her to join the hunt. It's not that Kalley had anything against the group of immortal maidens, she just wanted to see Leah more since Hermes kids and Apollo kids had basically the same schedules.

* * *

As Kalley finished unpacking her bags, she felt at home again, that's basically what camp was to her. She had only started going back to her mom's during the school year a few years ago. She was about to head over to the infirmary when one of the Hermes kids busted in

"Kalley! There's something near the border!" The kid yelled frantically.

"Alright, I'll go check it out kid," Kalley told them before grabbing her bow and a quiver of arrows and heading outside.

When Kalley got outside she saw it. A 30-foot-long, vibrant purple sea serpent with spikes all along its back shot out of the waterfront. Most of the Ares kids had come out to fight it, like her friend Jeremiah, along with a few other Apollo kids. Kalley also saw Leah standing stunned in the back.

"Glad you finally came out to help Kalley" Jeremiah yelled from across the field.

Jeremiah was one of Kalley's closest friends. He had short black hair, and he was wearing an anime sweatshirt over his camp half-blood T-shirt. He had an electric spear made out of Imperial gold and he was stabbing at the Sea dragon, doing some decent damage.

"You really expected me to miss a fight with one of these?" Kalley yelled back as she shot the monster with a flurry of arrows along with the rest of her cabin.

But the monster persisted and started thrashing about. It was shooting spikes out of its back, but they bounced harmlessly off the other camper shields. However, Kalley heard many shrieks of pain behind her from some campers who got hit.

Kalley shot some arrows towards its eyes, but the monster seemed to knock them away effortlessly with its tail. While Jeremiah went in for another stab, it started to back away in the peer and soon it was swimming off as if it was hiding from something.

"What the hell was that?" Jeremiah questioned while looking around.

"Something must have scared it off, but I'm not sure what or who it was." A kid from the Athena cabin said.

"Well, it had to have been someone because no monster should have been able to enter that easily," Kalley stated, "someone must have summoned it."

"Why would someone do that?" A Demeter kid asked.

"I don't know, but we need to help the injured campers before we start pointing fingers alright?" Kalley answered.

"I'll tell Chiron," Another kid says before running off.

That day in the infirmary was rough. A bunch of kids were hurt from the attack, along with Capture the Flag the night before. This became the new normal since Kalley started living with her mother during the school year, she would never come on the first day of the summer session and miss the first capture the flag game of the year.

"So, what'd I miss this time" Kalley asked while putting one kid's leg into a cast.

"Not much, only a fight between Kayla and Jeremiah," Will answered, "So who's the new girl?"

"She's the daughter of one of my mom's childhood friends" Kalley responded, "She's unclaimed, and he lives in London."

"Oh... any guesses who her godly parent is," Will asked.

"I don't know, but I know that it's a goddess, she said she and her dad lived there" Kalley States

"Kalley, Kayla's mortal parent is her dad and she's our sister" Will Responds

"Well, um, Leah said that her dad talked her mom into leaving them" Kalley explained.

"I see, so are you sure you have no ideas" Will kept asked.

"Not even close" Kalley answered "I haven't talked to her much, I can probably figure it out if I talked to her more."

Will laughed a little while cleaning up another camper's wound. He looked the same as he always did with his sun gold hair Bright blue eyes and his caring laugh, he was the best older half-brother she could ask for.

* * *

A few weeks later at dinner Kalley looked over to see Leah sitting quietly at the Hermes table, which seemed weird. Kalley just hoped she would get claimed soon. Kalley was about to say something to her siblings when Chiron stomped his hoof on the cement to get everyone's attention.

"We have some announcements tonight campers, the first one is that the first official chariot race of the season will be this Wednesday," Chiron started. "Secondly, all water related activities are back on! but they will all be heavily monitored". 

There was a mix of disappointed groans and cheers from  the campers at this news. But soon after that they ran down to the campfire, where Kalley's cabin mates lead the songs, but Kalley snuck away to talk to Leah, because for a daughter of Apollo, she had a terrible singing voice.

"So how was your first day at camp?" Kalley questioned.

"Very different from my home, though it does feel familiar somehow, I don't know why though" Leah answered.

Kalley found that intriguing, so she kept asking her questions.

"Do you like your cabin mates?" Kalley asked.

"Eh- they're kind of a lot if I'm being honest, mainly the twins," Leah said.

"The twins?" Kalley asked very confused.

"Ya, you know, Connor and Travis" Leah responded.

"They aren't twins, Travis is a year older than Connor" Kalley explained.

"WHAT?" Leah responded confused.

"Yeah, it surprises most new campers, anyway how's your time at camp been?" Kalley asked her

"It's been fine, just a lot with this whole demi-god stuff" Leah said half-jokingly.

Then after a few more songs, they're all able to go to sleep. Kalley collapsed into her bed as soon as she entered her cabin and passed out.