Chapter 18

>>>Leah<<<

Leah was glad to get away from the massive party and just talk to Kalley 1 on 1. Kalley seemed super intrigued by all of the wizarding stuff and kept rattling off questions. But Leah was happy to answer. She was happy to see this cheery side of Kalley, even if it was partly caused by adrenaline and lack of sleep. It just felt right.

"I'm glad we have the rest of the summer to hang out," Kalley said, cheerfully.

"Yeah, me too," Leah replied.

"And, I'm guessing you aren't going to be staying Year round," Kalley asked.

"Nope, I have to go back to Hogwarts for my second year," Leah explained.

"Awe, it's gonna be lonely without you," Kalley said.

"I mean you still have all of the other campers, don't you?" Leah asked.

"Eh, I guess but it's mostly Will and Jeremiah during winter," Kalley said.

"Ah, well I'll try to write to you," Leah promised.

"Thanks Leah," Kalley smiled, standing up.

"Where are you going," Leah asked.

"Back to the bonfire. Wanna come?" Kalley asked.

Leah smiled and stood up, "Yeah, I'll come," She said.

***

The rest of summer seemed to flash by. Leah started to explain some of the magic she learned to her siblings and vice versa. Kalley also helped Leah learn how to use a bow, finally.

"I still don't see how this is useful," Leah said.

"Just in case," Kalley said.

"Yeah yeah," Leah said.

Soon the last day of the summer term had come. Leah stood atop the crest of half-blood hill. She smiled down at her dad who was waiting for her, while Kalley ran up to her.

"Are you going to go home to your mum?" Leah asked.

"Nah, I plan to stay here year-round again, it's easier," Kalley explained.

"So you aren't gonna go back to school?" Leah asked.

"Nope, I'm basically already a medical professional," Kalley joked.

"Alright, whatever floats your boat," Leah said.

Kalley smiled at Leah kindly, "I'll see you next summer."

"See you next summer," Leah responded.

Then Leah ran down to the run-down Jeep and looked up at her dad.

"Are you ready to go home Leah?" He asked.

"Yeah," Leah answered, climbing in.

"We should be back in London by tonight," Leah's dad said.

"That's good," Leah answered.

***

Leah opened the door to her house and walked up to her room. She smiled about her time at camp and passed out. She was ready for her second year to go smoothly and peacefully.