Chapter 16

>>>Kalley<<<

Kalley and Jeremiah followed Leah into the cave, trying to see anything in the dim light. She kept having to duck and dodge all of the stalagmites and stalactites all over the cave. The cave just felt too big, and too maze-like. Something or someone was near, and they weren't nice. However Kalley could be sure if that meant they're near The Monster, or just another monster in this cave.

"Do you think we're going the right way?" Kalley whispered to Jeremiah.

"I think we are, I can kind of see a dim light over that way, it could be from The Monster we've been hunting," Jeremiah whispered back.

"Let's hope it's The Monster so we can get me and Leah's parents and get out of here," Kalley whispered.

"Did someone say my name?" Leah asked.

"I just said, I hope it's The Monster so we can finally get our parents and leave," Kalley said.

"Oh, yeah that would be great," Leah agreed.

"Indeed it would," Kalley said, walking faster towards the light.

When she peered around the corner, she saw The Monster Leah describe. The Manticore. Kalley ducked out of his sighting, pulling Leah away with her.

"Who is it?" Jeremiah asked.

"The Manticore," Kalley answered.

"The what?" Leah asked.

"The Manticore," Jeremiah repeated.

"A mythical creature with the head of a human, the body of a lion, and the tail of a scorpion," Kalley explained.

"It's super dangerous too," Jeremiah added.

"And this is what has my dad?" Leah checked.

"Yup, I can see them lying limp on the ground over there," Kalley confirmed.

"Well what are we waiting for?" Jeremiah asked.

"One of us to have a usable plan," Kalley answered.

"Just go in and kill it," Jeremiah suggested.

"We both know that won't work," Kalley said, angrily, "This beast is hundreds of years older than us, it can easily kill us if we aren't careful".

"But I'm Jeremi-"

"I DON'T CARE," Kalley snapped, "We need an actual plan for once".

"Lets not fight right now guys," Leah interjected.

Both kids turned to look at Leah, who looked back sternly, "We have a monster to fight, and it's going to be a lot harder for us to win if you two and bickering," She told them.

"Fine," Kalley said, pulling out her dagger to sharpen it.

"What's our plan?" Jeremiah asked as he sat down.

Kalley started to draw something in the dirt of the cave, "We should start off with getting the monster talking, anyone one of us could go for that".

"I'll do it," Jeremiah said.

"Alright then, Leah, you can go in and do some Hecate to maybe confuse it," Kalley suggested.

"Got it, It won't be that hard," Leah told herself.

"Then I'll try to shoot it from behind," Kalley said, finally.

"Is that it?" Jeremiah asked.

"Unless you have anything else you want to add, yeah," Kalley answered.