Chapter 6

>>>Kalley<<<

"HEY, give that back!" Kalley yelled at Austin while trying to grab her quiver.

"I would, but you broke my saxophone's reed," He yelled back.

"On accident," Kalley said, annoyed.

"Still," Austin continued, "Reeds get expensive when you have to keep buying them."

"I know Austin, you say it every time," Kalley said mockingly.

"And you still don't listen," Austin explained, basically done with Kalley at this point.

"Whatever dude, I still need my quiver for Capture the Flag tonight," Kalley spat.

"Buy me a new set of reeds then," Austin proposed.

"Fine," Kalley agreed before storming out of cabin 7. As she walked to the camp store, she saw an Ares kid and a Demeter kid fighting. Luckily, she knew the Ares kid, it was Jeremiah, so she walked over to see what was going on.

"Hey guys, what's the problem this time?" Kalley asked.

"He set my plants on fire!" The Demeter kid said, "Then he stole the rest of my seeds!"

"I already told you that I didn't do that!" Jeremiah yelled at her.

"Wasn't that Mason who did that?" Kalley asked, "I overheard him talking about it with Drew."

The Demeter kid looked stunned, before she got angry.

"Oh, he is so dead," she said before walking over to the Ares cabin.

"Thanks for the help Kalley, but I probably could've handled it myself," Jeremiah thanked Kalley.

"Well, we don't need anyone in the Infirmary until tonight, so save your strength till then dude," Kalley explained, "are our cabins still allied with each other?" She questioned.

"I'm pretty sure, I could check with Mason," Jeremiah said.

"Thanks dude, that would be super helpful," Kalley replied before walking off to the camp store.

* * *

That night at capture the flag Kalley was getting ready with her team. That night it was the Apollo cabin vs. the Hermes cabin, with the Apollo cabin being allied with Ares, Hephaestus, Hecate, Demeter, and Athena. Hermes allied themselves with everyone else, but Kalley was confident that her team would win.

"We got this guy, remember your places," Austin said, trying to hype up his team.

A cheer of energy and confidence erupted from the crowd, but Kalley noticed Leah off to the side looking nervous.

"Hey, you good?" Kalley asked when she got over to Leah.

"Just peachy" Leah said, clearly lying.

"Is it a violence?" Kalley questioned.

"Yeah, it is," Leah admitted, "I don't want to hurt anyone though!"

"You won't have too," Kalley reassured Leah, "Your point is to lure people towards the flag so me or another Apollo camper can shoot them down, or an Ares kid can scare them off."

"So, I'm bait?" Leah asked.

"Basically" Kalley said, not trying to hide anything.

"Remember campers," Chiron started, "No maiming or killing, the creek is the boundary, and no more than two people guarding the flag".

"Welp let's head out" Kalley said, grabbing her bow and her quiver she finally got back after buying Austin about 5 boxes of reeds.

Once Kalley got to her post in the trees, she was unstoppable, just firing arrows at kids' heels, or right by their face. It surely kept them on their toes and away from the flag. In short, Kalley was having a great time.