Chp.18 Nanami's Last Job

-PLAY THEME SONG-

-AUTHOR's POV-

.
.
.
.
Meanwhile, somewhere under the station, there, we see someone who survived from one of Jogo's attacks from a while ago after Dagon's death, it was Nanami, he was walking down to the station, half of his body burned to crisp, and yet he seems tired already...as he knew his time was up, or to say he's finally about to take his vacation.
.
.
He began to daydream about where he would take his vacation. He pictures himself in a lonely, quiet and calm beach. He can feel the fresh air around him, the beautiful view of the ocean too, walking down and hearing seagulls.
.
.
In the real world, Nanami arrive to an area filled with transfigured cursed spirits, and at the same time to think about where he would take his vacation on the other side.

Nanami: Malaysia...Yeah, that sounds like a nice place to be there. It's nice and peaceful there. I'll build a hut there close to the beach. Finally have quality time to read the books I've never read...I'll go through page by page, and take all the time I lost....but...right now, I have to go find Fushiguro...but, what about Maki?? And Naobito?? What happen to them? ....Shit, Im really tired, exhausted even...yeah, exhausted...I've done enough, have I?

with that said, Nanami charges to the transfigured cursed spirits and started killing them one by one, but at the same rime he's tired...all he could think of is Malaysia...think about the calm and beautiful beach, and feel the fresh air and feeling free from working so hard after all the risk he has put, and has never regret at all. He's down everything he can to protect the ones he cared for and the ones he's close, and now...he will finish one last job so he can clock out...and call it a day.
.
.
.
As he now finished taking care of the transfigured spirits, and none to be left...he stood still...and felt someone touching him from his back...

Nanami: So...you're here.

Mahito: ...I've been here, this whole time.

It was Mahito, and since he touched Nanami...Nanami can't do nothing about it but accept his fate already, and he will.

Mahito: Shall we chat for a bit? You and I do go way back after all.

Nanami: ....

Nanami stood quiet...and began to think of Haibara, his old classmate when he was once a student of Jujutsu...

Nanami Mind: Haibara...what was I even hoping to accomplish to the end? I ran away, and yet I came back cause if a vague idea for a job worth doing...I can't...that's wrong. I can't, Haibara. I can't see that. I'll become a curse upon him.

Nanami began to imagine Haibara, right informe of him, smiling at him, how he always love to smile...almost like he can refer Haibara to Itadori, how they always like to be so joyful and excited and pure hearted.
.
.
Suddenly, Mahito heard footstep behind, as if someone was running down here...he turns and to spot Itadori...

Mahito: Oh. Just in time.

Itadori then notices Nanami there, in such bad condition...

Itadori: Nanami...

Nanami sees Haibara, pointing over to Yuji...telling him to look at him...but he doesn't...then, he began to have a little flashback, the time when he first met (YN).

-FLASHBACK-

Back then, before the Shibuya incident, (YN) was gonna make a trip to Africa to go see and meet Yuta for training, but not to go alone, to go with Nanami as Gojo introduce to him...