A Fatal Flag as Soon as It Starts (2)

I fell back onto my bed. When I first met Adele, he seemed to be coy and shy, but that felt like a long time ago now.

Ah, I'm going to die in two years anyway, so it doesn't matter. Whatever. Adele doesn't really care anyway...

He wasn't exactly acting indifferent, but he was currently sitting at a walnut tea table while reading without looking at me at all.

Theory of Innate Ev- what...? Just looking at the title of the book he was reading made me feel sleepy.

I can't believe there was such a book on my shelf. I'll throw it away when Adele leaves.

"I'm bored. I want to go out."

Adele interjected as soon as I muttered.

"No."

"Who are you to decide that?!"

"I'm Anastasia's best friend."

I felt an urge to throw a pillow at Adele's smug face.

"We're done."

Only then did Adele lift his head slightly.

Adele's hair was a bit messy, which was unsuitable for his usual bleak, ascetic lifestyle.

His hair, with its brilliant color like a forest blazing in gold at dawn, shook temptingly.

It was probably like that because he ran here to stop me from going out, but for some reason my fingertips were tingling.

I wanted to touch it...

Whether or not he noticed my impulse, Adele spoke in a calm tone as I continued to glare at him with a pillow in my hand.

"The Count asked me to take good care of you. I have to keep you safe until the Count returns."

I didn't hear anything. The white-skinned hands, which looked like white birches, covered the book sensuously. His knuckles caught my eye.

"You can protect me even if I go outside."

Adele smiled at my grumbling. It was a refreshing and pure smile. I reflected on myself for a while because I thought he was sexy when I saw him like that.

Get a hold of yourself! He's already another person's rice cake.*

(t/n:property, but in this case, it can be destiny)

"Are you finally ready to go out with me? Unfortunately, I refuse for today. Rest in bed."

I bit my lips.

"I'm sorry to have to speak coldly, but Anastasia, there's no color in your face right now. I'm afraid that if we go out right now, you'll collapse."

I rubbed my cheek. I could definitely feel that I had less energy than before.

I was hesitant to back down. It was still impossible to let go of my lingering feelings. Every single day was so precious that I was going crazy.

"Then tomorrow?"

This time Adele relented.

"If your condition gets better, it would be okay to take a short walk."

Adele looked relieved when I agreed.

"Thank you for understanding what I mean."

"Eung."

We'll see.

Adele went back after a few more hours. I vowed revenge while munching on candy.

My condition continued to get worse as time went by, so it was still a great pity that I couldn't see the fireworks yesterday.