The Fatal Flag as Soon as it Starts (3)

Adele slowly started to speak.

"That's difficult, Anastasia."

I thought so. I got closer to Adele.

"You mean you can't do this much for me?"

"This is wrong," Adele said while taking a step back.

He firmly refused, but he didn't criticize me directly.

He still maintained a noble and polite attitude. His handsome face that resembled a prince in a fairy tale overflowed with good intentions and ethics.

I showed my disappointment.

"Okay. If you can't, you can't."

"Thank you for understanding."

It was too early to be relieved. I glared at Adele.

"What do you mean you understand? I won't trust you again from now on. How can I trust and rely on someone who doesn't even keep his promises? Do you still intend to keep me from going out?"

I pretended to be sad. Adele used a sweet, harmless tone of voice, fearing that I might cry.

"I was just worried that you might get hurt or collapse and nobody would be there to help you. I don't have any other intentions. I swear."

"Your credibility is already at rock bottom."

"... I can't."

Adele seemed genuinely shocked. I bowed my head somberly.

"I should go back."

When I turned around Adele groaned as if he were in trouble. He let out a shallow sigh and surrendered at last.

"... I'll do it."

"Hmm?"

I tried not to laugh as I looked back at Adele. Adele was gripping the candy wrapper as if it were going to crumble.

"I'll throw it away."

Ah, I can't do this. Why does he have to look so cute? I want to stroke his hair! It looks like it would feel really good if I wrapped my fingers in his hair.

The hand holding Adele's hand started to tickle.

"Can you do it?"

"Please believe in my sincerity."

Adele stretched his hand forward in a slow motion. Then he opened the fingers of his clenched fist one by one.

I waited patiently and finally the candy wrapper slipped out of Adele's hand.

Adele flinched as the little piece of trash fell to the floor. His face was stained with guilt.

"I threw it away..."

I closed my eyes and patted Adele's shoulder as I stepped towards him and tried to cheer him up.

"Good job, Adele. I'll trust you now. But..."

I stood on tiptoes and put my lips to Adele's ear to give him a warning.

Adele tried to remain courteous like before, but he wasn't able to distance himself because I was gripping his shoulder.

Even now, Adele had no reaction to Anastasia's face.

Somehow, feeling a little grumpy, I said some intimidating words with more intensity than I meant to.

"If you ever come back here and pick up this trash, our relationship is over. If you understand, answer me."

"... I'll keep that in mind."