A Fatal Flag as Soon as it Starts (4)

Irina followed me with a wide smile.

"Thank goodness. I'm glad to see my lady smiling. Now, it's time to take your medicine."

"Urk."

I suddenly felt nauseated. Instead of putting on my pajamas, I ran into the bedroom that was connected to the dressing room.

"Running away is useless, my lady!"

I unintentionally played tag with Irina. In the end, Irina was the winner.

I drank a tonic full of all kinds of sour, bad tasting, and bitter ingredients, and then fell on my bed. Afterwards, I lay around while eating a ton of chocolate.

Irina suggested that I should try embroidering if I was bored, but I cut her off and shook my head. I was the type of person who couldn't even thread a needle.

That night I had a strange dream. In my dream, I was with Adele against a backdrop of bright yellow rocks, a ravine with flowing, silvery streams, and a flowerbed of alluring pink hydrangeas in full bloom.

Adele wore a slightly clingy, white shirt and navy pants and his firm, sleek contours made me nervous. It seemed like he had been exercising regularly.

His hair, which looked like poured sunlight, appeared incredibly soft and the refreshing smile on his picturesque face struck my heart.

Adele lifted his hand up and carefully cupped my cheek. I watched Adele's mouth closely as it moved while forming words.

[Anastasia, shall we kiss?]

His voice was exceedingly sweet.

It was filled with undisguised affection.

[Actually, I can't bear it anymore because you're so lovely.]

S-stop!

I struggled to wake up from my dream.

I do not know if tightly closing my eyes and biting my tongue was effective, but, fortunately, I succeeded in waking up before Adele's lips touched mine. I got up and gasped.

"Huk... hah... What kind of a crazy dream was that?!"

My face was burning. What the heck, am I frustrated or something? Is it because the dream was too vivid?!

I sat on the bed while biting my nails. It almost seemed like I had unresolved feelings for him.

No! I'm ready to hand Adele to Olga at any time!

"... Seriously?"

The light of the dawn gently illuminated my bedroom. Of course, it would be impossible to fall asleep again.

"How annoying..."

Who cares about a relationship that begins with my death anyway?

I muttered under my breath in a sullen voice.

"Did you wake up, my lady? The master sent a letter."

Irina came in with a letter almost an hour after I had woken up, grabbed a random book, and started looking at it to avoid unnecessary thoughts.

Anastasia's family was now my family too, so I quickly grabbed the letter. The envelope was rather crumpled, as if it had crossed the sea.

I smiled. The time I have spent with this family has been short, but they've loved me generously.

Count Sinclair was a playful man to his children and the Countess, who became my mother, seemed strict, but was actually clumsy. My brother always made fun of me and was often scolded by our parents.