Chapter 6: So It Begins

SAMANTHA

"So, the semester begins today!" sabi ni Evangeline habang nag-iinat. It is 7 a.m. and we are walking towards our classroom for our first period. Humikab pa siya kaya nahawa rin ako. 

"Are you nervous, Samantha?" Lucas asked me.

"No. Not really," I answered quickly though it was a lie. Siyempre kahit papaano kinakabahan ako, 'no? Mamaya mag-sparring kami agad tapos wala pa akong training, edi natumba ako agad at bumaba ng Gamma.

"Can you please stop babying her? Lahat naman tayo nervous when we first got here. She's nothing special!" Isabelle irratedly said before rolling her eyes. Ano bang problema sa akin ng babaeng 'to?

Tinignan lang siya ni Louis pero napayuko siya agad at natahimik. Malaki ang respeto nila sa kaniya kaya naman napakadali niyang magpasunod ng mga tao. I don't really know if it is one of the perks of being the highest ranking student in this school. 

We entered a classroom. Kaniya-kaniya sila ng upo kaya wala akong choice na umupo sa pinakadulo sa tabi ni Louis. The chairs and desk are aligned by two rows only. Isabelle sat on the front with Lucas. Behind them are Evangeline and Clifford which leaves Louis and I sa dulo.

A few minutes after we settled down, a woman in her mid-30's went inside the classroom. She is wearing  a sage green blouse on top of a black slacks. Her black hair is tied in a high ponytail. Her smiling face is surrounded with her curtain bangs and black glasses. "Good morning, Alphas! You seem to be early today," she cheerfully greeted us. 

"Good morning, Professor Hera!" Clifford greeted her back which made her smile more.

"I see a new face around. You must be Samantha, dear?" she asked me and I just smiled and nodded to answer to her question. "Great! Well then Samantha, welcome to History and Basic Supernatural Knowledge!"

"Kagaya nga ng sinabi ni Headmaster Winters kagabi sa ating dinner, this school is founded to teach people into becoming Hunters to protect themselves and other people from the Supernatural. Aside from physical training, we will need to hone your knowledge as well to determine their weaknesses," Professor Hera explained. "And that is why I am here to teach you those."

I felt excitement in my veins. I am training to become a Hunter. Hindi magtatagal, kaya ko na ring magligtas ng mga inosenteng tao mula sa mga supernatural creatures. Mapoprotektahan ko na rin sila Mama at Sigmund. And most importantly, I can finally avenge my father from those werewolves who killed him. Just you wait. 

"Alright. How about we start this semester with a little activity muna? Let's have a recitation regarding what we had learned last semester?" Professor Hera said kaya mukhang na-excite ang mga kasama ko. Our professor asked multiple questions relating the supernatural including what can we do with unicorn's blood, what can a siren's voice do, and many more. Napakabilis sumagot ng mga kasama ko, ni hindi ko man lang na-process ang mga tanong niya. Yari ako nito. 

"Great! As expected from the Alphas," Professor Hera said while clapping her hands. "And for our last question, I would like to ask it to you, Sam. Ikaw na lang ang walang score."