CH 2: THE FIRST ENCOUNTER

A commoner in the village named Giyuu was walking around while having his head down after visiting his step-mother. His biological parents died but it was unknown how and it he still wasn't sure how.

He was in a little bit of a down mood since he was treated like nothing but a fellow peasant. He would be hit for not obeying a person's demands and be called stupid since he was quite an airhead.

Giyuu was kind of afraid in standing up since he was not good in speaking since he had trouble socializing. He had social anxiety and was as silent as ever. He never found a woman whom he loved at all and doubt he would find love one day, he even told himself there's no chance that he'd end up falling in love.

                                      •    •    •

Shinobu was walking around in amazement but she still had her identity hidden in her cloak and spoke a few words so her voice wouldn't easily be recognized. She also spoke in another voice as an act so she would not be identified easily.

As she was buying something, she glanced from afar and bit her lower lip as her expression became as pissed as ever. It was her arranged fianceé who she hated the most.. Prince Douma. What the heck is he doing here?!

She sighed and looked back at the seller apologizing.

"Ahah, I'm truly sorry ma'am for not getting my money for a moment there, something's just on my mind!" Shinobu said in a different voice compared to her usual. Remember, she changed her voice since she can't let her identity be found.

"Oh! It's okay Mrs. Black Cloak, the total is 800¥." The lady forgave.

Shinobu paid and greeted thank you and farewell as she left to explore more of the interesting village. There were even wisteria trees around which amazed her.

She walked in a path where there were people around judging her of who was she. The villagers and commoners really wanted to know who was behind this mysterious black cloak. They were all guessing until she bumped into someone.

"Ah!─" Shinobu yelped.

They feel down and Shinobu's hood came off, leaving everyone gasp silently but the expression was clear enough. The both of them made eye contact and stared at each other for a while.

"Who's he?.." She asked in her heart as it was thumping quickly. Why was it going fast? What is this feeling? It felt like something fluttering in her stomach..

"The Second Butterfly Princess! Damn it, Tomioka Giyuu. You're so stupid that you didn't even look in your own path. Should've been more careful.." He said in his mind out of stupidity. He hated himself for being an airhead.

"I'm sorry─" They said to each other at the same time as they froze and stared at each other awkwardly.. Shinobu then started to notice all the states she was getting which made her uncomfortable so she immediately helped him stand up and apologized again but quicker.

"I'm sorry but I have to go!!" She said timidly then sprinted away. Her fans followed her and screamed her name wanting to meet her. Giyuu was frozen in thought but he looked at his hand.

It was held by such a small, delicate and warm hand and he blushed without knowing he was. Once he realized, he covered his face but the feeling of her hand and warmth was so comforting. He wanted to hold it again for some reason but he knew he'll never ever feel it again.

Shinobu ran away and immediately hid in an isolated alleyway and sighed out of exhaustion..

"I'm sorry─" His face flashed in her mind and she immediately covered her whole face before she could squeal out loud. She realized she was blushing hard and now..

She knew..

He knew..

She/He was falling in love with the other.

"WOOF WOOF!!" A bark.. A bark.. Oh damn it's a dog. Shit.

"AHHH!!!" She screamed in fear and ran away quickly. She disliked and feared animals with furry fur and dogs were one of the furry animals she hated and feared.

Running away quickly, she kept screaming and some of the fans even found her then chased along with the barking dog.

She ran and ran until she felt a pair of hands hold her and pull her into somewhere secret and silent. She pinned to a wall and down on the floor. She immediately was surprised to see who it was.

"Sir?─" His finger shushed her mouth before she could say more.

"Shh, it's Tomioka, Tomioka Giyuu. I prefer you calling me Tomioka instead of my name. It's more formal that way.. Are you okay, Lady Kochou?"

"His breath.. Why's Tomioka-san so close anyway? This is flattering.." She thought.

─────────────────────────────────

Hello, Rae's here again! :3

Not much again but hopefully this book can blow up one day (which won't happen 😭)

Thanks for reading and I'll brainstorm on next chapter :)

Kyutt 🤭