Chapter 5: An Angry Fang

Almost two weeks had passed since the event with the Sea Dragons, and both the Igiby's and Rose had been quarantining until everyone deemed it safe to be out again.

Rose was at the Igiby cottage most of the time since quarantining, it did get lonely living alone. She was currently helping Nia prepare a picnic dinner of grilled henmeat, plumyums, and butterbread. Since the weather was nice Nia had decided on eating outside that day.

Once dinner was ready they all went out to the front yard and began enjoying themselves. Little did they know a certain someone watched from the shadows, trying not to gag at the smell of freshly grilled henmeat and the sweet juicey plumyums, along with the freshly baked bread.

Slarb the fang, hungered for revenge since the day those Igiby's and that other human made that chimney fall on him, and embarrass him in front of his comrades. He knew he couldn't go directly for the Igiby's since they were under Gnorm's protection, but that other girl...she lived far enough away that she shouldn't be much of a problem, plus she wasn't under the general's protection. He chuckled to himself at the plan forming in his crafty mind.

Once she finished eating and helped to tidy up, she said her goodbyes and made her way back to her cottage, unaware of the danger behind her.

She hummed a tune as she walked home, but froze hearing a twig snap behind her. She quickly turned and paled seeing the fang behind her.

"Hello, girly." He snarled.

Before she could scream a club smacked her on the side of her head, and everything faded to black. Slarb laughed once she collapsed onto the ground, then hoisted her over his slimy shoulder and made his way towards the Glipwood forest, gagging every now and then. This human was smelly.

***

She woke up to a spot on her head aching, and tied to a tree, and with no clue of where she was. It looked like in the middle of Glipwood forest...at night. She prayed to the Maker that it wasn't. She noticed a suspiciously large pile of dry wood in front of her, like someone was about to start a bonfire. Oh no...was the fang going to eat her? No, fangs don't eat humans...right? She heard footsteps and quickly pretended to be asleep as the fang, Slarb came back with more wood and tossed it onto the already large pile of wood. He then walked over to her and yanked at her hair suddenly.

"Ow!"

"Good. You're finally awake." He growled, walking back over to the pile.

"What do you want with me?" She asked as calmly as she could. "What did I do?"

"You know exactly what you did." He snarled. "And now you're going to pay!"

"By eating me?"

He gagged at the thought it. "No! I'd never dream of eating human. However I know a few animals that do." He lit a match and got closer to the pile of wood.

Reality suddenly dawned on her. "No! Don't!" She yelled, trying to get free. By lighting that big of a fire he'd call over every Toothy Cow and Horned Hound within a mile radius.

"Say your prayers, girlie!" He laughed, but it was cut short as a blurred figure tackled him to the ground.

"Peet!" Rose exclaimed.

"The Sockman!?" Slarb cried.

The two began a fist fight as her vision was suddenly blinded with an orange light, the match had fallen right onto the pile of wood.

Slarb and Peet started circling one another when Slarb pounced, landing on top of him. He threw a hard punch before Peet shot up suddenly and held the fang in a choke hold. The creature struggled, clawing and scratching at the socked hand, but soon fell unconscious.

Once Peet was sure the fang was out he dropped the creature, then hit it in the head with a rock for good measure.

Rose stared in shock, Peet the Sockman just took down a fang. Suddenly, A blood-chilling howl of a Horned Hound was heard in the distance, and It didn't sound far.

In a flash, Peet was at Rose's side and managed to cut her free in a second.

"Come, we have to go. Now." He said, grabbing her arm and began to run farther into the trees with her right next to him.

Suddenly, a horned hound jumped out in front of the pair, causing Rose to shriek. In a flash, Peet grabbed a tree branch and smacked the beast on the side of its face, knocking it out.

He grabbed her hand and quickly ran over to a tree.

"Hold on." He said, grabbed onto a vine with one arm and wrapping the other around her.

Right as she grabbed onto him she felt her feet leave the ground, heading upward.

Reeeeeeeeee

Here are memes :p