i know the end

i know the end

in which poseidon breaks the oath more than once

the oath more than once

Carmen Kennedy felt like a disappointment to her father. She was fourteen and scared of the ocean - she was scared of her father's domain, how ridiculous is that? Let's not forget how she's mediocre at wielding a sword. No wonder Chiron didn't allow her to leave Camp during the year. As a child of the Big Three, she had a target on her back. There was no way she would survive with her skills - well more like a lack of skills.

But contrary to popular belief, Carmen was good at things. She was good at reading - she still had dyslexia - riding pegasi, making people laugh and adore her. She had a charm that, combined with her big heart, was a powerful weapon.

She cared too much. So it wasn't a surprise that when a new kid got to camp barely conscious and in need of help, Carmen was the first to help and get attached to him. Her affection for the boy only grew when it was revealed he was a son of Poseidon - making her an older sister.

She was thrilled! She'd always wanted siblings. Her excitement was cut short when Chiron and Mr D (the wine dude) revealed to the two children of the sea that they were being framed as thieves. Their father - the absent one - needed their help to prevent a war from taking place. They have no choice but to help their father, the same one who has never bothered to reach out to either of them.

She might be helping her father against her will, but she'll be damned if anything happens to her brother.

CARMEN SLOANE KENNEDY
portrayed by ruby stokes

CARMEN SLOANE KENNEDYportrayed by ruby stokes

MALCOLM PACE
Portrayed by Ali Hadji-Heshmati

SILENA BEAUREGARD
Portrayed by Havana Rose Liu

KATIE GARDNER
Portrayed by Cailee Spaeny

CAROLINE KENNEDY
Portrayed by Paget Brewster

the rest of the pjo cast
as their characters

CARMEN'S PLAYLIST

I. I know the end by Phoebe Bridgers
II. Carmen by Lana Del Rey
III. History of Man by Maisie Peters
IV. Out of the Woods (Taylor's Version) by Taylor Swift
V. Style (Taylor's Version) by Taylor Swift
VI. "Slut!" By Taylor Swift
VII. Waiting Room by Phoebe Bridgers
VIII. Pretty Girls by Reneé Rapp
IX. Dreams by The Cranberries
X. Francesca by Hozier
XI. Margaret by Lana Del Rey
XII. Don't tell my mom by Reneé Rapp
XIII. What was I made for? By Billie Eilish
XIV. Skyfall by Adele
XV. Slipping Through my Fingers by ABBA
XVI. Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks
XVII. Karma by Taylor Swift
XVIII. all american bitch by olivia rodrigo
XIX. can't catch me now by Olivia Rodrigo
XX. teenage dream by Olivia Rodrigo
XXI. not my fault by Reneé Rapp and Megan Thee Stallion
XXII. no control by One Direction

NOTES

🐚 this will be mostly be based off the books but details and aspects from the tv show might show up as well.

🐚 been obsessed with ruby stokes lately so i made her carmen. however, i imagine ruby stokes in the burning girls bc she has black hair in that project.

🐚 yes i chose Ali Hadji-Heshmati as the faceclaim for Malcolm (Annabeth's half brother) bc carmen and Malcolm have a friendship that reminds me of Lucy and George from Lockwood and Co

🐚 yes I am aware that Malcolm is technically a year younger than Annabeth, but let's pretend, for the sake of this story, that he is older. Annabeth is still head counselor because if I remember correctly, head counselors are chosen based on who has been there the longest, therefore Annabeth.

🐚 did I create this story simply because I wanted a sapphic daughter of Poseidon? Yes. Did I make Clarisse the love interest because Dior is absolutely gorgeous? Yes, but also because I believe in the Clarisse/Silena agenda.

🐚 you might be thinking if Carmen is older than Percy will she be the child of the Great Prophecy? And the answer to that is no <3! My baby girl will not be the so called Chosen One, that title belongs to Percy. It shall be explained later.

🐚 Carmen won't follow the child of the sea stereotype!! This is a huge part of her character. She will struggle with the title of "child of the sea" so if you believe that she doesn't seem like a child of Poseidon, that's kind of my intention.

🐚 fun little fact, I am the oldest daughter and so is Carmen in this story, so get ready for oldest daughter angst and trauma. Carmen may be a little baby but she'll take on the title of oldest daughter very seriously.

🐚 my New Year's resolution was to publish this story. and to have updates close together in dates. i'm really going to try not to have an update every week. if i don't, then it's because my professor's hate me.