ii. sweets' no. 1 girl

the lighting thief

Turns out 'The One' that Annabeth was referring to was not in any way in a romantic way

Turns out 'The One' that Annabeth was referring to was not in any way in a romantic way. The two girls spent the rest of the night making sure neither Grover nor the boy died, which happened rarely in the infirmary. Grover could not be given nectar or ambrosia, but there were other ways satyrs could be healed. Carmen and Annabeth decided to each take a boy, Carmen would take care of Grover while Annabeth took care of the boy.

Grover kept groaning and mumbling about food, which was understandable. When he managed to open his eyes and saw Carmen next to him he asked, "Food?"

Carmen grimaced. "Sorry, buddy, but breakfast isn't until another couple of hours." Grover groaned again and fell back asleep.

Annabeth laughed quietly. "At least yours doesn't drool in his sleep."

Morning came and the boy had yet to wake up. Chiron and Will from the Apollo Cabin arrived and dismissed Carmen and Annabeth. Carmen didn't protest, she just silently hoped both Grover and the boy would wake up. Annabeth didn't seem to want to leave, but Carmen told her she had a Cabin to lead.

When Carmen arrived at the Mess Hall, after showering and getting ready for the day, she was approached by Silena and Katie. Carmen smiled at him, "Hey," she said.

Both girls greeted her back, but Silena asked, "Is it true?"

When Carmen frowned, Katie explained. "There's a rumor going around that a new kid got here in the middle of the night but defeated the Minotaur before crossing into Camp. Is it true?"

Carmen opened and closed her mouth, speechless. "Wait a second, where did you hear this?"

"Harpies talk, Carmen."

That made sense. The Harpies at Camp were different from the ones in the wild. They were not as vicious and they enjoyed gossip. "Yeah, it's true." Whispered Carmen. Both Silena and Katie's jaw dropped, not expecting a kid with no training to survive a monster like the minotaur. "He was still asleep when I left. I don't know anything except that he looks young."

"And brave," said Katie.

"Or stupid." Said a new voice. The three girls turned and saw Malcolm standing next to them, biting into an apple. "My siblings have been saying that only a fool would fight the Minotaur with no training."

"He looks twelve, Malcolm," said Carmen. "It was most likely his battle reflexed."

"He's lucky," said Silena. "It was a miracle how he survived a monster like that with no training."

Katie's eyes moved across the Mess Hall, her gaze passing over the Hermes table and ignoring Travis Stoll and he grinned at her and landed on the Ares table. "Check that out," she nodded to the table where the Ares kids were. The four demigods turned their focus to where Clarisse and other Ares kids sat, they seemed more irritated than normal.