iii. if carmen didn't do it then who did?

the lighting thief

Percy was so over Camp and he had only been awake for two hours

Percy was so over Camp and he had only been awake for two hours. All he wanted was his mom, but that wasn't possible because she was, you know, dead. To make matters even worse, wherever he went kids were looking at him, more specifically they were looking at the Minotaur horn in his hands.

"Let's go to the Hermes Cabin," said Chiron. "I bet Annabeth is waiting for us,"

Annabeth – the same one that told Percy he drooled in his sleep – was sitting on the steps of the Hermes cabin, reading a book whose title Percy could not make out.

"Annabeth, my dear, would you be able to take Percy from here?" Chiron asked. "I have an archery class to teach."

"Yes, sir,"

"Thank you," Chiron turned to Percy and gestured to Cabin Eleven. "Make yourself at home."

As soon as Percy was seen in the doorway, the people inside the cabin turned their attention towards him. They were sizing him up, their eyes traveling from the Minotaur horn to him. Percy immediately knew what they were thinking: how did a scrawny a short kid like him overpower one of the scariest monsters?

Behind him, Annabeth said, "Well? Go on,"

Percy wished the ground could open up and swallow him because he tripped when he entered. He didn't see Annabeth wince from secondhand embarrassment. "Percy Jackson meet Cabin Eleven."

Immediately, someone asked. "Regular or undetermined."

Percy could have sworn he heard a whisper say, "Please say regular."

There were many groans when Annabeth informed them he was undetermined. From the crowd emerged a guy. He looked like he was the oldest and in charge. He had an aura of authority and respect. He said, "Now, now, campers. That's what we're here for. Welcome, Percy. You can have that spot on the floor, right over there."

Percy glanced at the spot on the floor the guy pointed to and blinked. In his head, he thought, Wow, thanks, I've always wanted a spot on the floor. He didn't say it out loud, he didn't want to get jumped. Plus, he knew the guy was just being nice.

He introduced himself as Luke Castellan, the cabin counselor for the Hermes Cabin. "Cabin Eleven houses children of Hermes and all newcomers. That's why you're here."

"How long do I have to stay here?" Asked Percy. He was not looking forward to sleeping on the floor.

Luke smiled sympathetically. "That is a good question. You're here until you're determined."

"Okay," Percy nodded. "How long will that take."

Annabeth had to pull him out of the Cabin before he could embarrass himself even further.