Ch.14: the beach

« You're telling me, you, Nora Verssel, is seeing Joseph Descamps!? » Michele shouted the moment she stepped out her house, making Simone immediately spin on her heels.

« Jeez, Michele, scream any louder, and you might be heard in Paris »

« But it's true ? You're seeing Descamps ? » Simone inquired. « Oh my! Is that who you were talking about the other day ? » she made big eyes.

« You told her and not me ? Not cool, Nora » she said annoyingly.

« Okay! Everybody, relax! » I said loudly over them. « I am dating Descamps, it's not the end of the world ! I know you don't like him, and you have reasons to. But I do. You're my friends, I care about you but this is my private life. I won't make you interact or whatever but please can't you be happy for me ? » I begged.

They looked at each other and sighed at the same time.

« Fine. You're our friend too, Nora, we love you. But if he pulls something bad on you, I'll take his other eye out too » threatened Simone.

I laughed, feeling lighter that my friends somewhat accepted my relationship.

« However, you can not, under any circumstances, talk to him about what is said between us » Michele made me swear.

« I promise, and I hope both of you will do the same thing with your own boyfriends » I said.

The image of Simone and Jean-Pierre kissing popped up in my head, making me wonder when Simone planned on telling Michele.

« I still don't understand how you are dating him. I mean, you're you and he's him » Simone said on our way to Voltaire.

« You don't control who you fall in love with, Simone » I answered, making both girls think about their own lovers. « By the way, Michele, what happened with Laubrac yesterday ? You guys go to steal frogs and you come back looking at each other with heart eyes » I asked.

She looked taken by surprise.

« We kissed in the classroom, before Pichon came to get us out » she admitted shyly, a soft smile on her face.

I stopped immediately.

« I get screamed at for not telling you on the spot that I'm seeing Descamps but you don't tell us you kissed Laubrac ! Tell us everything » I asked.

And she did. The whole way to school, she explained how they managed to get suck together in Hermann's classroom, and what happened during that time. I was so excited. Michele and Alain were nice people, and they deserved to be happy together. And I couldn't help but squeal when she told us all about their little exchange of glances. They were so cute.

When we finally got there, he was in his spot near the entrance, surrounded by his friends.When he saw me, he threw his unfinished cigarette on the ground and walked our way.

« I'll see you girls later, then » I bid them farewell. They looked surprised to see him so openly walking towards me, but still went their own way.

« I didn't know you'd be waiting for me » I started.

« Can't I come and greet you ? » he got down and kissed my lips, taking me by surprise. I looked around trying to see if somebody saw us. Only a few people were still there, none of them I knew. Good. But then my eyes fell on someone. Pichon, eyes wide and mouth open, looking directly at us. Of course, it had to be Pichon. The odds were not in my favor, I feared.

« He's not going to die because he saw us kiss, Nora » he rolled his eye at me.

« I know, I had just hoped we would not face this problem this early on today»