Hisana

You stared at your bestfriend in awe as she stood in front of you. She looked angelic, so gorgeous like she always was. Your heart hurt as you realize she is infact gone and this will be your last moment with her before she passes on.

"Y/n I've never seen you cry like this."

Hisana stared at her bestfriend as she was in hysterics she had never seen y/n cry this much or this hard. Y/n never cried she was so tough all the time, never dropping the brick wall that hid her true feelings.

"I'm so sorry Hisana!" Y/n yelled as she cried.

"I never imagined it would happen like this for you" y/n cried.

Hisana looked so calm and at peace here.

"Y/n, you need to fight you can't die yet please everyone needs you, you have always been strong and a guiding light. I need you to fight."

Y/n just stared at Hisana, she felt numb, she felt hurt, she felt sorrow, she felt anger, she wanted to cry, but couldn't. So many emotions all at once but so numb at the same time. She knew she had to fight, she made a promise to protect Byakuya but to defeat him. He was her enemy after all. Arch nemeses since day one.

Hisana then disappeared and held y/n's hand one last time.

—————————————————————————
Byakuya sat holding your lifeless body, he could feel your energy fading away he was desperate for you to wake back up, for your life to come back to you. He couldn't lose another person, first his parents, then his wife, and now his... arch nemesis. They swore to each other that one day they would both battle when the time comes. Y/n had been tirelessly training for years just to be able to defeat Byakuya.

Y/n was walking through the void world. Hisana had been finally at peace, she had told her bestfriend everything she needed to hear. Y/n just felt the shallow water beneath her feet as she walked through the darkness.

"Am I dead?" Y/n thought.

She then saw a light from afar.

She headed towards it but slowly, she was enjoying the peace and quiet of the void world. A peace and quiet she's never had in the rukon district or the soul society.

Byakuya handed your body to Unohana to take you to the barracks to rest. Gin was gone, he survived the fire but he was severely injured as-well.

A usually calm Byakuya was angry, he felt anger flow through his body as his wife was dead and y/n was in critical condition, who knows if she would survive.

"She gave up her life to protect me, people are always dying around me protecting me." Byakuya thought.

Squad 4 was doing everything in their power to save you but chances were slim you had burns all over your body and your soul was just gone. Not weak just gone. You had given up. You kept your promise to your now dead bestfriend. Why did the promise even matter if she's dead, why did anything matter you felt at peace. The water echoing through the void world with each step. You just wanted to lay down and rest and never get back up. Suddenly Byakuya didn't matter and your rivalry with him. You just felt at peace.

Byakuya felt angry and sad. He lost his wife. Now he's losing his bestfriend. Y/n was always his bestfriend to him he cared for her so deeply ever since they were kids. He just hated how reckless she was with her life. How reckless she was with the peoples feelings around her. How many times she made Hisana cry with her reckless acts. Byakuya flash stepped to the Kuchiki manor. He knelt down and picked up a picture of him, Hisana and y/n all smiling eating ice cream in the barracks as teens. Such simple times.

He felt a tear hit the picture as he teared up. He missed them both dearly he missed old times when they all would mess around and get into trouble from the captains.

"I do" Hisana spoke softly with tears

Her and Byakuya were in the middle of their wedding ceremony, the whole soul society was there except for y/n. Hisana looked into the crowd of people cheering and celebrating looking for her bestfriend. 

Byakuya saw the hurt on her face her bestest friend wasn't there to celebrate, Byakuya was also hurt he wanted y/n there but tried to suppress any sad emotions and enjoyed his wedding.

It was a massive celebration, retired captains even turned up excited for the next set of Kuchiki nobles the future has in store. The crowd cheering and drinking people were drunk and happy. Byakuya happy that the soul society was accepting of his choice to marry a women from the rukon district. People danced the night away it was an amazing turn out.

Later on Hisana and Byakuya were stargazing together side by side laying on their backs on top of the Kuchiki manor. Hisana sat in silence, Byakuya knew she was upset about y/n and worried. He just held her hand and said y/n will be okay and that she is strong.

Y/n was taking a break from her training and eating, she needed to rest she had been training non stop. She heard about Byakuya and Hisana's wedding and couldn't help but feel anger. She felt incredibly angry. She just finished cooking her food and started eating trying to push the thoughts into the back of her head. She cleaned up her food and set up her sleeping bag for the night. She needed sleep. She just layed down staring at the stars, she then pulled out an old photo she kept on her, it was a picture of her, Hisana and Byakuya eating ice cream in the barracks. They all had a copy of the same photo. She smiled and thought about how happy they looked. So long ago, much different responsibilities back then, just young ones in training with nothing to worry about.

She tucked the picture away in her pocket and rolled on her side to sleep.