Chapter 4

We waved goodbye to Yeji and Minho as they got in the car for their fancy date.

I went back inside and looked in the pantry.

"I need chocolate." I whispered.

"What kind of chocolate?" Someone whispered behind me.

I turned around to see Chan right behind my shoulder and smacked him. 

"What the heck?? Don't sneak up on a girl like that!"

"I couldn't help it." He laughed. "You're such an easy target." Then he turned and walked away.

"Oh no, you don't get to walk away like that!" I started chasing him and we ran around the house. He ran upstairs and into the boys bedroom. I was about to follow him in when I ran into a chest. I looked up to see Heeseung smiling down at me.

"What's the rush?" He winked.

"Nothing." I said. Then I turned around and walked into my room. 

I heard him mumble something to himself and walk downstairs.

Sighing, I jumped on my bed. "Boys are stupid."

"Agreed." Jennie said from the other side of the room.

I jumped and looked at her. "Girl you are silent." I laughed and laid back down.

She laughed with me. "What's got you all upset?"

"Just boys being boys."

"Elaborate."

"Well, Chan won't stop terrorizing me. He's infuriating. Telling me that women belong in the kitchen and crap like that. And I thought me and Heeseung had a real connection, but I caught him kissing Soyeon earlier."

Jennie sighed. "Chan probably just likes messing with you. It's a common pattern I've noticed in boys. And I'm not sure what to tell you about Heeseung. He's here to find his soulmate, and that means kissing all the girls he can until he finds the one. If you've kissed inside, which it sounds like you have, then you aren't soulmates. He probably realized that and moved on. He didn't go about it in the right way, but at least he isn't leading you on."

I thought about what she was saying. "You're right. We aren't soulmates. And Chan is going to get what's coming to him." 

Jennie laughed liked she knew something, but I ignored it and started planning my revenge.

Later that night, we all gathered for dinner. IU and Bo Gum had ordered us pizza so that we could play a game while we ate. 

I sat next to Jake and leaned into him while we played. It was a get to know you game, so nothing crazy. Just some interesting questions that we all had to answer. 

While Chan wasn't looking, I dumped a few red pepper flakes onto his pizza. And then some salt in his water. 

He ate a bite of the pizza and started breathing really hard, so he took a sip of his water. He gagged and ran to the bathroom. Then he spit into the sink and threw up in the toilet. I followed him because I felt bad.

"Chan?? Are you okay? Do you need anything?"

"Water." He said.

I grabbed him a water bottle, untampered with, and handed it to him. He drank some and spit it back into the sink to rinse his mouth out. Then he grabbed a towel and rubbed it on his face. Then he took a few deep breaths and sat on the floor. I sat down next to him.

"Feel better?"

"Yeah, thanks. I appreciate the help, Mae." He smiled at me.

I smiled back and noticed how cute his dimples were.

Then he spoke again, much to my dismay. "I never realized how bad red pepper flakes and salt water taste together. But thanks for letting me try it."

I gasped. "What? I would never do something like that to you!"

He laughed. "Who else would it have been? Jennie wouldn't do it, and you were sitting on my other side."

"Well you deserved it."

"I know, I know. It's what I get for calling you a stereotypical woman. But hey, the truth can't be denied." He smirked.

"Screw you." I flipped him off. Then I walked back into the living room and sat next to Jake again.

Chan came back in a minute later and smiled at me. Then he put his hand on Jennie's knee and smiled at her. 

I don't know what was happening, but I hated how he was touching her. I don't care about him though. He's just an annoying man. No- an annoying boy.

After we ate and played, it was couple time. We were left to hang out with our partner for the next hour. 

Me and Jake went into the hot tub and talked for a bit.

He told me all about his photography adventures throughout Australia, and showed me a few pictures.

I turned my head towards him and we were a couple inches apart.

He looked back at me and smiled.

"I really want to kiss you now." He whispered in English.

"Okay."

"I'm going to kiss you now."

"Okay." I blushed.

He leaned in and gently connected his lips to mine. His mouth enveloped mine and I sighed. He wrapped his hands around my waist and I moved closer. I rubbed his arms, especially his nice and strong muscles, then I moved up to his hair. It was a bit long in the back, so I was able to hold and run my fingers through it. It was soft and smooth. He put one of his hands on my face and rubbed my cheek. Then he pulled away and lightly kissed my neck. I was breathing deeply and he suddenly looked at me.

"You're so beautiful." He tucked my hair behind my ear and just looked at me.

I blushed and looked down. He grabbed my chin and made me look up at him.

"You are equally as beautiful." I whispered. 

He laughed and kissed me again, but just a quick peck this time. 

Since we weren't in the house, it wasn't confirmed. But I kind of liked that we just got to enjoy each other rather than be disappointed or excited about us being soulmates.

We cuddled in the hot tub until we started to prune up, then went inside. I got changed into some pajamas and ran downstairs. We were having a movie night. Jake was sitting at the edge of one couch, so I went and sat next to him. He nestled me in his shoulder and kissed the top of my head.

"I love the cat jammies." He whispered.

"Nothing better."

"Okay everyone. We're going to watch 50 First Dates. It's really cute, but also has humor. Everyone wins." Jessi announced.

We all agreed and the movie started.

To my anger, Chan and Jennie sat right next to us, with me next to Chan. I stuck a pillow in between us, but he kept poking me in the arm.

I glared at him and started throwing popcorn at him.

"Kids, stop it!" Hwasa yelled at us.

I cuddled more into Jake and ignored Chan.

"Someone pass me that pillow!" Soyeon whispered. The pillow between me and Chan was snatched away. I groaned but kept watching the movie. 

Around 12:00 AM, they decided to watch Titanic. Boring if you ask me.

I closed my eyes and leaned into Jake's side. He held me close and let me fall asleep on his chest.

I felt someone touching my hand. I assumed it was Jake or one of the girls, so I grabbed it and intwined our fingers.

Then I fell into a nice sleep.