Chapter 8

I woke up at 5 am sweating through my blankets. I threw them off and went to take a shower. Then around 7, I decided to make some breakfast. 

I made a giant pot of oatmeal and then set out toppings. There were bowls full of strawberries, peaches, blueberries, brown sugar, maple syrup, granola, etc. It looked so good.

At 8:00, the girls all came down because someone's alarm woke them all up (Chaeryong's). They looked exhausted but got in line to get breakfast.

I went upstairs to knock on the boys door when it suddenly opened. 

Chris stood right there with only a towel on his bottom half. Meaning his torso was uncovered.

I stared at his defined abs and then blushed.

He smirked as he saw me checking him out and flexed.

I rolled my eyes. "Ew."

"You're the one who was staring." He laughed.

"Breakfast is ready." I changed the subject. "So tell everyone to come downstairs."

"Got it." He smiled.

I walked back down the stairs and couldn't get the image of his shirtless self out of my mind. Why am I feeling weird? Probably just because I don't like him very much. At all.

The boys started coming downstairs and got in line to grab food. Jake came over and gave me a hug, so did Seungmin. 

Then I sat next to Hwasa and we chatted for a bit.

IU and Bo Gum came into the room and ate with us.

Then Bo Gum clapped his hands and got our attention.

"Good morning everyone, I trust you had a good nights sleep last night. Today we have a fun activity. Since we have a chef in our group," he gestured to me, "we'll be going to a cooking class! Mae gets to decide what you guys cook. Then she'll teach you all how to make it."

I smiled. Bo Gum had texted me about it yesterday and I agreed. It was going to be so fun.

"After that, you'll be doing a themed photoshoot. Jake, our photographer, will be taking the photos. You'll find out the theme later. So go get ready for the day and at 10:30 the cars will be outside to take you there."

He smiled and sat back down. IU punched his arm and he stood back up.

"Oh and here are today's couples! Somi and Beomgyu. Jessi and Heeseung. Hwasa and Chan. Soyeon and Taehyung. Mae and Bam Bam. Wonyoung and Seungmin. Eunchae and Minho. Chaeryeong and Jake. Jennie and Niki. Have fun!"

Then he sat back down and IU smiled at him. 

I was done eating so I went upstairs and curled my hair. I put on some music and was singing to myself when Bam Bam walked into the bathroom.

"Bro! This is the girls bathroom. You aren't supposed to be here." I smiled at him.

"The girls said I could, though."

"Oh. Then welcome!" 

He laughed and sat on a stool. "Ready to teach everyone how to cook?"

I nodded. "I'm super excited."

"Me too, it should be really fun."

He looked at the floor and sighed.

"Is something wrong?" I asked him.

"I wanted to ask you something."

I put down the curling iron and sat down next to him.

"Anything."

"Well, I was wondering if we could kiss now? I think I already know who my soulmate is, and I don't want to lead you on today."

My eyes widened. No one had done this to me yet, but I didn't mind.

"Of course."

I gently grabbed his face and gave him a quick peck. No chimes or tattoos appeared, and he smiled.

"Thank you." He gave me a big hug.

"Of course. Now I don't have to worry about leaving you all alone when I'm teaching everyone to cook."

He laughed. "Thanks. But I'm still your date for the day, so we'll be hanging out. I probably just don't want to hold hands or cuddle. Unless it's for the photoshoot later."

"That sounds great. Thank you for telling me your boundaries, I really appreciate it."

He nodded. "Of course. Well, I'll see you downstairs in a bit!"

"Okay." 

I stood up and gave him a high five as he walked out of the room.

As soon as the door shut, the girls all came into the room and started getting ready. We jammed to music, danced around, and laughed a lot. This was my favorite part of the day. 

I walked outside and saw 9 cars there. Each one represented each boys personality. I was trying to guess which one was Bam Bam's when Chris came outside.

"Are you a car girl?" He asked.

"No."

"Yeah I guessed that."

I hit his shoulder really hard. "Shut up."

He laughed. "You just looked really confused."

"I'm just trying to figure out which one is Bam Bam's. I'm guessing yours is the blue Hyundai over there?"

He nodded. "How did you know?"

"It screams Chris, to me." I wasn't going to tell him that it was my dream car.

"Interesting. Which one do you think is Bam Bam's?"

I pointed to the white Audi that was towards the end. "That one?"

"Ding ding ding! Good guess. How did you know?"

"Because he just put something in the backseat."

Chris looked over and saw Bam Bam waving at us.

"Cheater." 

"You just wish you would've noticed."

"Whatever. Go to your man, Maven."

"I will, Chan." I smiled at him and walked over to Bam Bam.

"Hey! What did Chan want?"

"To bother me."

"Yeah he seems to like to bother you a lot."

"It's so annoying."

He laughed. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah! Let's go!"

"Don't we have to wait for the others?"

"Bo Gum told me to get there a bit early so I can get everything set up."

"Ahh makes sense. Then let's go!"

We got in the car and started driving away. I saw Bam Bam smirking in the mirror, and didn't know what he was looking at, but ignored it.

---Bam Bam POV---

I looked in the rearview mirror and saw Chan glaring at me. I smiled at thought about how I was here with Mae. He had told all of us that she is definitely his soulmate, so we shouldn't mess with her. He doesn't know that I know who my soulmate is, so I wouldn't even dream of it. But it's fun to see him jealous. Maybe he'll finally make a move like I'm going to.

Hopefully he doesn't do it before I do, though.

She's going to be so shocked when I kiss her at the cooking class.