IV

Driving in frustration wasn't exactly the safest route to go, but you didn't care. You truly didn't understand why you were so mad at Hailee, or why you decided to push her in the fountain. It wasn't until you pulled up into the driveway of your house was when your realized that you were in the wrong here. You did that with absolutely no reason nor intention and that wasn't fair to Hailee.

No matter how annoying she may be.

You decided to apologize. Tomorrow.

—————

The next day you walked through the halls in school, your destination was to find Hailee. You happened to see her standing beside the lockers, her hands tucked away in the pocket of her hoodie, her hood on to hide how high she was.

You sighed under your breath, prepared for the overwhelming smell of weed to invade your senses as you approached her. Tapping on her shoulder, she looked up pretty quickly, only to scoff when she saw you. You saw her bloodshot eyes.

"What do you want?" Hailee snarled, you can tell she was still pissed about yesterday.

"I just want to say sorry. I don't know why I did that, but I did and I regret it." You reached into your bag, pulling out two new packs of cigarettes, handing them to Hailee, who took them with a raised brow. "It's an apology gift, I'm really sorry, Hailee. We will never have to see each other again."

Hailee held the cigarettes in her hands, watching you walk off. You wore skinny jeans with a nice, button down blouse, red converse to match the red jacket you wore. She watched you all the way until you disappeared into a classroom. She felt a frown form on her face, a small part of her was still somewhat angry at you for pushing her in the fountain yesterday, but she now she knew how genuinely sorry you were.

Something no one has ever said to her.

—————

Jenna watched her girlfriend practice for her upcoming soccer match. The Ortega girl sat in the bleachers, admiring Emma, who was drenched in sweat, wearing her jersey and shorts.

You walked around the bleachers, seeing your sister sat at the top. You smiled, soon joining her, Jenna looking up in surprise as you took a seat. "Hey... what're you doing here?" Her voice was soft, and quieter than usual.

"What's wrong?" You asked gently, you knew exactly how Jenna gets when something happens. Jenna signed, tearing her eyes from yours as she buried her face in her arms that rested on top of her knees.

"I got in a small fight with Emma." She whispered, her eyes fixated on the blonde who practiced her passing drills in the distance.

You smiled, wrapping an arm around her shoulders, bringing her into your side. Your sister laying her head on your shoulder. "I know, Jen." You admitted, and it was true, you knew how the younger girl gets whenever she and the Myers girl had a small argument. "You guys have been dating for almost 2 years now, those small fights are bound to happen. You're still together, right?" Jenna nodded in response, her sad eyes still glued to her lover. "Then don't let one stupid argument ruin your relationship. If you both truly love each other, you'll work it out." You stood from your spot, kissing your sister's forehead. "And you always do."

With your words of encouragement and gentleness, Jenna watched you walk off. Her eyes soon switching over to the field that lie ahead of her. She watched all the players, except Emma, enter the locker room. Emma stood by the sideline, hands on hips as she attempted to catch her breath.

Jenna stood up shyly, grabbing her backpack as she began to walk down the field, fiddling with her fingers along the way. She was nervous. When she approached her girlfriend, Emma felt her presence, making her turn to the girl in question.

"Uh hi." Jenna stammered out, avoiding Emma's intense stare, finding the ground more interesting. Emma's eyes softened, smiling very slightly at her girlfriend's shy state. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry about last night." The Ortega girl admitted, making Emma smile a little more.

The blonde soon sat beside Jenna, resting her chin on her shoulder as she looked at her with an adoring look. The same look that made Jenna fall for her. "I forgive you, baby." Emma mumbled, pushing back a strand of Jenna's loose hair behind her ear.

Jenna began to smile a toothless grin, throwing her arms around her girlfriend, causing Emma to grunt at the sudden weight. But she hugged back, assuring her girlfriend that they were perfectly fine.

—————

"Yes, Mrs. Lacey?" You knocked on the doorframe of the classroom you were called to. The college counselor looked up at you, smiling warmly at you as you entered, seeing Hailee Steinfeld in the chair in front of her desk.

You noticed how the girl didn't make eye contact with anyone.

"Hello, Ms. Ortega. I have called upon you today to ask you to tutor Ms. Steinfeld here." Mrs. Lacey stated, folding her hands together and resting them on her desk. Hailee looked at you, you saw the look in her eyes.

"Yes, of course, Mrs. Lacey. What subject?" You asked politely, Hailee looked at you surprised, she was a little shocked you were willing to tutor her.

"Every subject." The counselor deadpanned, causing your small smile to drop as you looked at Hailee, who has seemed to have lost hope. "You are the last person I've asked, all the other tutor's aren't willing to work with Hailee."

Now you felt pity form in the pit of your stomach. "I'll do it, ma'am." You stated determined as both the counselor and Hailee looked at you in surprise. "When should we start?"