Chapter One: The Discovery

(Present day)

Andrew Moore sits at the bridge of a large battleship, his fleet consisting of 3 cruisers, 2 destroyers, a carrier and a second battleship floating in the middle of the ocean with their cannons at the ready. He stares into the distance at what appeared to be a small rocky island jutting out of the water. Except this wasn't an island at all, and it was moving very fast towards them. 

Andrew smiles. "Alright Will, last chance to opt out"

11 fighter jets begin to launch from the carrier as Will Booth watches "Oh, I wouldn't be so confident if I were you". The fighters all get into their formations, ready to face their opponent. They prepare for a bombing run, flying towards Godzilla at low speeds. 

Missiles whistle through the air as the jets fire at their target, hitting the creature's large dorsal plates. As the fighters fly past, Godzilla raises its tail from the water, swinging and hitting one of them as the rest fly past undamaged. 

"Pull up, pull up...", Andrew hears Will mutter, watching the fighters get back in formation as he prepares his own attack.

The ships then fire at Godzilla's dorsal plates, causing him to roar and swim towards the fleet. Its plates cut clean though two cruisers as it continues to take fire from the other ships. 

Meanwhile, Will's fighters circle around and fly towards Godzilla again. One of them, a futuristic fighter with enhanced speed and agility stats, arms its railgun. It fires, the high velocity projectile doing a more considerable amount of damage than the other fighter's missiles. Godzilla roars in pain before charging his atomic breath, targeting the fleet. 

He fires it twice, obliterating both destroyers and the second battleship as the fighters fly overhead. They turn back, targeting Godzilla for a third bombing run as Godzilla fires in a wide arc, hitting two more of them. The planes fly lower, about to hit him when...

"William, come here! NOW!", Will's mother could faintly be heard through Andrew's headset. Will sighs. "Afk, we'll continue when I get back". 

Andrew pauses the game, remembering how Will described his mother as a "raging lunatic" when he didn't complete his chores, not that he would ever say that to her face. He gets up and walks through his empty house to his kitchen, checking for something to eat while he waits for Will to return. 

It had been two years since Godzilla and Kong's battle in Tokyo. Two short years since Monarch had opened its research to public eyes and Apex Cybernetics had been forcibly disbanded. Ever since then, most if not all large corporations had their eyes set on Hollow Earth energy sources including Alpha Bioengineering, the company that Andrew's parents worked for, so his house would be completely empty most days. His parents had offered to get him a dog or another animal to keep him company, but he had used his failing grades to convince them it wasn't the best idea to add extra responsibility to his day to day life. 

He takes an uneaten sandwich out of the fridge, putting it on a plate before bringing it back to his room to eat. He glances at a nearby clock, remembering that his parents always call at around 9:30 if they were going to be working late. As if on cue, the phone rings. Andrew picks it up. "Hello?"

"Hi honey, we're going to be late getting home again", says his mother, Ellie. "One of the expedition team's subs ran into a bunch of giant eels near an underwater Hollow Earth tunnel. They barely made it out. "

Despite her exhaustion, Andrew could hear the excitement in her tone. He could tell this wasn't the reason they would be working late. "What are you so happy about? Did they find something interesting?"

Ellie stays silent for a moment. "One of the teams did find... something. We're not entirely sure what it is, but we're working on it. It's got your father pretty excited."