15

Back in Ilsan, the air was heavy with tension as Jeonghan's father, accompanied by his second son Jisoo, returned home. The news of Jeonghan's departure had reached them, casting a somber atmosphere over the household. Upon their arrival, Jeonghan's mother confronted them with a mixture of anger and grief.

"You drove him away! Your relentless expectations pushed our son to leave," she accused, her eyes filled with tears that mirrored the pain in her heart.

Jeonghan's father, a stern and traditional warrior, attempted to justify his actions. "I raised him to be a strong warrior, to uphold the values of honor and discipline. If he cannot endure the path set for him, then he is not fit to carry our family name."

Jisoo, standing in the background, watched the emotional confrontation unfold. He could sense the growing divide within the family and the anguish etched on his mother's face.

"You care more about your reputation than your own son's happiness! Is this the legacy you want for our family?" Jeonghan's mother retorted, her voice cracking with emotion.

Her husband maintained his stoic demeanor. "Morals in battle are essential. Jeonghan needs to learn the importance of duty and sacrifice."

"He's not a pawn in your game, a tool for your ambitions. He's our son!" she exclaimed, frustration and sorrow evident in her words.

Jisoo, torn between loyalty to his father and empathy for his mother, stepped forward. "Father, maybe we should consider Jeonghan's feelings. Is there no room for compromise?"

Jeonghan's father turned to Jisoo, his gaze unwavering. "Morals are not subject to compromise. A warrior must adhere to principles that transcend personal desires."

Jeonghan's mother, unable to contain her grief, shouted, "Our family is falling apart, and all you care about is your outdated code of honor! Is this what you call being a good father?"

The clash of emotions reverberated through the household as the family stood at a crossroads. Jeonghan's mother, fueled by a mother's love, refused to accept her husband's rigid beliefs.

"You're tearing this family apart, all in the name of your precious morals. I won't stand by and watch our sons suffer because of your narrow-mindedness!" she declared, her voice trembling with a mixture of sorrow and defiance.

Jeonghan's father remained resolute, his conviction unyielding. "I will not compromise our family's legacy for the sake of momentary emotions. Jeonghan must learn the ways of our ancestors."

The room fell into a heavy silence, broken only by the sound of Jeonghan's mother's stifled sobs. Jisoo, caught in the middle, struggled with the conflicting loyalties within him.

In the midst of the emotional turmoil, a realization dawned on Jeonghan's father. He looked into the tearful eyes of his wife and the conflicted gaze of his younger son. The weight of his decisions began to sink in.

"I never wanted our family to suffer," he admitted, a hint of regret softening his stern expression. "Perhaps... I have been too rigid."

Jeonghan's mother, though hurt, saw a glimmer of hope in his acknowledgment. "It's not too late to mend our family, to bring Jeonghan back."

As the words lingered in the air, the family stood on the precipice of change. The battle between tradition and compassion waged on, and the outcome remained uncertain.