29

As Jisoo returned to Ilsan, he faced the challenging task of informing his parents that Jeonghan hadn't returned with him. Governor Yoon's face darkened with anger upon hearing the news, while Mrs. Yoon's eyes reflected a mixture of guilt and concern.

"Why didn't he come back?" Governor Yoon's voice carried a sharp edge, demanding an explanation.

Jisoo took a deep breath, choosing his words carefully. "Jeonghan has found a sense of peace in Jeju. He's built a new life there, away from the court's expectations."

Governor Yoon's frustration boiled over. "He's needed here! The court needs him, and so does our family. How could he abandon his responsibilities?"

Mrs. Yoon, torn between her husband's anger and her own internal conflict, spoke softly, "Maybe... maybe we pushed him too hard. Perhaps he needed space to heal."

Governor Yoon's face hardened. "This is not the time for weakness. We must present a united front. Jeonghan's absence will be seen as a failure on our part."

In the royal palace of Hanmyeong, Prince Seungcheol's demeanor changed noticeably. Once known for his vibrant energy, he became more silent and reserved, carrying the weight of his own regrets. As he fulfilled his duties as Prince, there was a noticeable absence of the joy that once defined him.

One evening, as Seungcheol gazed out over the palace gardens, his younger brother Hansol approached. "Seungcheol, you've been distant lately. Is something on your mind?"

Seungcheol sighed, his eyes clouded with regret. "It's Jeonghan. I thought bringing him back would mend the fractures in our family and the court, but I failed."

Hansol placed a reassuring hand on his brother's shoulder. "You did what you thought was right. Jeonghan's happiness matters too."

Seungcheol's gaze fell to the ground. "I pushed him to return, thinking it was for the greater good. Now, seeing the consequences of that decision, I can't help but wonder if I made a mistake."

Hansol shook his head, "You can't control someone else's choices. Jeonghan is his own person. Maybe he needed the time away to find himself."

The weight of responsibility and the impact of their actions weighed heavily on Seungcheol. "I just want our family to be whole again. I want Jeonghan to be a part of that."

Hansol offered a supportive smile. "Give it time. Maybe he'll come around when he's ready. Until then, focus on being the best leader you can be."

As Ilsan faced political challenges without Jeonghan's guidance, and Seungcheol grappled with the consequences of his decisions, the characters were left to navigate the complexities of family and duty. The once vibrant and lively prince now bore the scars of misunderstandings and regrets,  carrying his own burden in the wake of Jeonghan's absence.