Hunt Begins

"We call him the 'Nightfury'. The unholy offspring of lightning and death.

Fast. ferocious. Destructive.

Vigilante is one word to call him. Murderer, torturer and executioner are a few others.

He hunts criminals in every gang he gets his hands on. There are rumors that he's a devil. Or that he's the Devil, himself. But one thing is sure, if you ever come across him, there's only one thing you can do. Run, hide, and pray to god that he doesn't find you."

From the other side of the one way glass, Astrid watched as the interrogation of one of the surviving criminals arrested from that warehouse. A frown appeared on her face as she heard what the criminal just said. The person in charge of the interrogation continued with his questioning, asking details regarding the incident at the warehouse, etc, but Astrid had already lost her patience and interest.

So, she turned around and left the room.

...

"Nightfury." Astrid spoke, in front of her, sitting around the meeting table, were her colleagues. Fellow B.S.D.I agents who did the same job as her. "This guy appeared out of nowhere 4 years ago, and ever since then, he has made quite a name for himself.

A violent vigilante who targets different criminal gangs and has already heavily affected different gangs, mafias, mobs, yakuzas, etc in the past. Some were crippled, some were outright taken out.

His latest victim was the Falcon cartel, which is now gone following the death of their boss, Jimmy Falcon.

Our job is to track down who this masked vigilante is and arrest him."

"Why are we arresting him in the first place?" One of her male colleagues suddenly said, crossing his arms behind his head as he leaned back on his seat. "I mean, this guy is practically doing our job for us. And that too free. Why don't we just let him do his shenanigans while we sit back and relax and wait for him to catch us, our criminals?"

Some of the others chuckled at his sentiment, and the guy even broke a grin and joined in on the laughter. Some of the female agents were whispering amongst themselves. Astrid on the other hand, frowned.

"Is this all a joke to you?" her cold voice cut through the atmosphere, shutting up the chuckles and whispers. Their eyes were now turned to her while the blonde glared at the male colleague in question.

The man, feeling uncomfortable, straightened his back and put his arms down and looked away.

"Multiple occasions in the past, a confrontation between a crime syndicate and Nightfury had put the safety of regular civilians at risk." Astrid continued as she stepped closer and leaned down, putting her hands down on the table.

"Shootouts at public areas, multiple counts of reckless driving, risking safety of hostages." Astrid took a deep breath,"Besides that, ever since this guy popped up, there has been an increase in unrest among citizens. More and more civilian-criminal confrontations, riots, etc. The higher ups even suspect Nightfury to be manipulating the public opinion to eventually cause a city wide riot."

The colleague, as well as the entire room, were silent by now. Astrid looked up at them, her glare having turned into a determined frown.

"We're arresting him so that he doesn't cause anymore rampage and put the safety of innocents at risk." Astrid said, glaring back at the male colleague. "I have been assigned to this case by the higher ups because they deemed me fit to handle it, and I intend to put a stop to Nightfury, no matter what."

And with that Astrid left the room, leaving her colleagues to their own thoughts.

...

Astrid stood silently as she rode the elevator to her destination. While on the way, she couldn't help but wonder about everything that's been going on.