Chapter Two

She woke up again at three in the afternoon and stretched. She felt her bones pop. Sounding crunchy and all. Her eyes were still droopy, and she struggled to open them. It was either she got up or she would suffer an annoying headache for the rest of the day. Don't get her wrong, she can sleep for twenty-four hours, but she wants a good sleeping schedule and fewer headaches. At least, that is what she has been telling herself ever since she quit.

As she was thinking about her sleeping schedule and how she would fix it, her phone vibrated under her pillow. Shocking because her phone was always on mute.

Must have forgotten to mute it yesterday after I got my delivery.

She thought to herself.

"Hello," she answered without checking the caller, her voice groggy, her brain sleepy and her stomach hungry.

"Bitch! If I ever lay my eyes on you, you are dead! When the fuck will you send me the money," and there came her loving sister's voice.

Oh how she missed it. She didn't hear from her in a while. A while being yesterday morning, when she accidentally picked it, like now. She wouldn't have picked it up if she saw the caller, but what is done is done. Is it not?

"Which one is this?" Yes, her older sister, but she doesn't know specifically which one. They all sound the same, a bitch.

All of them are mentally sick and voices sick also. The kind of voice that stirs your stomach and you want to haul your food in their faces.

"Are you fucking kidding me?! Not only do you not send me money you don't even know who I am?!"

"Name, please."

"You fucking whore! You dare...."

"You want money or not?"

"Ah! Finally! Is Lisa here. Why didn't you say so, my card details is...."

"Lisa? The oldest! Bitch aren't you like forty-eight or something, why you need money from the youngest?"

"I will kill you!" She screeched. "I am fucking thirty-eight, you cunt! And it is your responsibility to take care of the older siblings. I knew that witch was spoiling you, she could've died with you."

Elizabeth was quiet for a while, a good three minutes or so.

"WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU NOT TALKING, YOU WITCH!"

"AH! You scared me. I rested my eyelids for a second there."

Yes, she almost dozed off. Again.

"Listen here Lisa, umm, how should I put this?"

"Don't fucking tell me you are short on money, I know you have plenty!"

"Me too, I know I have plenty, allow me to just put it this way." She sighed and snuggled in her blanket. Sleeping schedule can fuck off this conversation drained her.

" 'Suck a dick and choke on it' ," that's what I wanted to say." And she cut the call.

She woke up an hour later, this time serious about her sleeping habits. She forcefully dragged herself off the bed and hoped in the shower. A good warm shower.

She fixed herself breakfast, since it was the first meal she is having. Morning or not.

As she sat in her kitchen table watching trees sway in the wind and flowers blooming so beautifully, she questioned her life.

Why on this beautiful green earth of God did she not live here earlier? It was beautiful, serene, peaceful, anyone with depression will heal here by just looking at it. The few months she has been here have been the best. Her family suddenly moving from Kenya when she was twenty was also life changing. Oh how she was delighted. Now she wants to smack her parents for living in the city for ten years when this beautiful place existed.

She sighed and got up dragging her feet to the sink to wash the utensils. Perks of living alone, you wash one pan, one spoon, one cup and one plate. Bills? Minimal. Neighbours? non existent. Food? Unlimited. Books? Plenty. And most importantly, vibrator? Very much present.

What else could she ever want? She would ask herself.

And she would remember the local bakery. The drop-dead gorgeous man. The delicious piece of man who kneaded dough, his biceps flexing as he does so. His hair long and silky. Most of the time in a neat ponytail, few stray strands swaying in his face and he beautifully and sexily fill sweets on the middle of a birthday cake.

Now that she thinks of it, she wants a dozen of his cookies, and she needs to see him. Although he has never said more than five words to her with her every visit, his low voice was the highlight of the day.

She dressed in a floral summer dress, and her blue flip flops with all confidence and walked to the bakery. It wasn't far, a ten minute walk, as she admired the beautiful nature as she anticipated her desperate need for cookies.

She stood in front of the bakery and took a deep breath, and let us all agree there's nothing that smells better than a bakery.

She walked in and saw a few people in line. It is usually packed in the morning, people buying bread for breakfast, a basket full of eggs in hand, some taking their orders, some waiting in line as they talk of the latest gossip and how their husbands are a lazy bum whom they love a lot. She was never into people's business, but hearing about a certain John who accidentally fell in a nun's vagina is very catching.

John and the certain nun have a lot to say to God, don't they?

She audaciously looks around, hoping her eyes to be blessed by a certain beautiful man that she was here for.

And indeed, her eyes were blessed. He was wearing a shot sleeved brown shirt, his usual black apron over it. His waist accentuated so deliciously since the apron was tied behind him.

What caught her eyes were the tattoos. One arm had a sleeve of tattoo and what looked like a tribal tattoo. She said this before, and she stands by it forever, tribal tattoos, the ones you see on Roman Reigns and The Rock, are the sexiest. Sue her.

And her husband, he just doesn't know it yet, is draped in them.

So, is he a Polynesian?

She thought to herself. She could never figure out what he was. He had Asian features but somehow looked mixed with black.

Now she gets.

Countryside and loveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara