16th chapter

the hidden gate jolted a jar providing Haçi and me a view of the cleared airy corridors of the harem.

Haçi sealed the secret door, blending it with the wall.

"Hatun, I'll have to go check on Valide Sultan's chamber' you may go to yours."
Haçi advised giving me a slight nod as we reached the gate of the harem,

As I footed into the calm harem halls, I was met with the sight of a roaming Cennet, I walked over to her, setting my hand on her shoulder making her jolt out of fright.

"Meleksima!," she hissed before taking a breath as she took hold of my hand leading to my chamber careful not to wake anyone up, we went up the stairs and entered my chamber, meeting Maria there.

I entered first Cennet right after me, she locked the door just in case anyone was eavesdropping.

"How did it go?" Cennet quickly asked "I hope everything went according to plan," Maria spoke walking closer to me.

I offered them a delighted smile as I took my time untying the shawl, letting out a deep breath, before I sat on the couch near the window.

Cennet sat next to me and examined my gaze, a gasp escaped her lips as she snickered "You did it!" she exclaimed, making me bite my lips and hiding my smirk.

"Silahtar paşa is still there with the ağas," I breathed with relief as they listened intently, "I left everything for him to deal with, Halil paşa is now thrown at the dungeons. They found the treasure."

"Now what is going to happen to Kösem sultan? I mean Hünkarim won't let it slide right?" Maria inquired with a frown, eyeing Cennet and then myself.

I nibbled on my lower lip, shaking my head.

"I don't know, it's his mother at the end of the day, we'll have to wait until tomorrow, then we'll see what his majesty decides, what do you think Cennet?"

Cennet had a wicked smile as she spoke "Kösem sultan is powerful, she won't let it slide, even if the sultan banished her, she has eyes everywhere, and we'll have to be even more careful," I nodded agreeing with her.

⚜︎⚜︎⚜︎

We talked a bit more before they left. I changed into my nightgown. I lay on my bed feeling tired, thoughts taking over my mind.

I am sure Köeem Sultan will figure out that I am behind everything, only god knows what she'll plot for me. I hope Haçi manages to stay on her service, we'll need eyes on her.

⚜︎⚜︎⚜︎

I was having lunch at the harem Maria seated alongside me, along with some other hatuns at the same table.

To my surprise, no one was chattering about last night's event, probably because nobody had heard anything yet.

I felt Maria's hand in mine, bringing me out of my thoughts, before offering her a small smile.

"don't worry everything will be fine, now eat, you haven't touched a thing since morning," she said ushering at the dishes in front of us.

My appetite had diminished ever since morning. I woke up feeling uneasy.

"I can't, I don't feel well and the smell of all this food is making me even more nauseous," I expressed with an uncomfortable smile, I brought my hand to my face and took a deep breath to soothe my nausea.

Maria frowned as she bit on a piece of bread dipped in honey, the corner of her mouth twitching in query, "Meleksima it's not like we're eating onions, it's just honey, olives, yogurt, and cheese."