13th chapter

I followed Haci ağa passing by the harem girls doing their quests, as we walked in silence

I followed Haci ağa passing by the harem girls doing their quests, as we walked in silence. My head pounding from all the walking.

We reached Valide Sultan's chambers Haci was about to knock on the door but I held on to his forearm halting his movement.

He granted me an odd look, raising his eyebrows at me disdainfully.

I went on with my hard stare, offering him a sarcastic smile "There is this saying that people in my hometown used to always say, "After every sunset comes a sunrise and I believe that you should put up with this saying it will benefit you a lot" his features eased, his face becoming one of curiosity.

"What does that mean?" he questioned with what appeared like a knowing look.

I let go of his arm before straightening my posture, "What does that mean?" I repeated his inquiry with a suggestive grin before turning back to Valide Sultan's sculptured wooden entrance.

"Let Köseem Sultan know that I'm here," I told one of the door maids as she nodded before entering the chambers.

"Valide Sultan is waiting for you on her terrace," she said coming to my view.

I took a deep breath before heading in, leaving Haçi ağa dazed, and deep in thought.

⚜︎⚜︎⚜︎

"Sultanım" I bowed as I footed into the terrace coming to the view of Kösem sultan's back as she looked out at the beauty of the palace greens.

She was standing by the border of the terrace the sun rays beamed the area, making her jewelry shimmer, but one that stood out the most was the favored green emerald ring on her left ring finger.

"Come in, Meleksima," she said gesturing to the cushion to her left. I lifted my gown a little making it easier to walk and have a seat.

She didn't bother to look back at me, as she continued her gaze "Isn't it a beautiful day today, Meleksima?" she asked making me raise a brow at the sudden enthusiasm.

'This isn't usual, especially since she wasn't fond of me during our previous exchange'