𝟓. 𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐔𝐌

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐃𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐒 woke up completely clueless, only to find herself in the sleeping chambers of the mighty sea god.

As her eyes adjusted to the bright hues of sunlight, she was greeted by the breathtaking sight of what she presumed to be Poseidon's bedroom. The room was like a watery paradise, filled with shells, cascading seaweed, and the soothing sound of crashing waves.

The bed itself was fit for royalty, embellished with delicate pearls and furnished with flowing curtains that mimic the ebb and flow of the tides. The goddess, still half-asleep, groggily rubbed her eyes in disbelief, gradually recalling all of what she could remember from the previous night.

𓇽

She had concluded that someone—more specifically—Poseidon must have brought her to this room. Then she began to wonder,

"Would Poseidon really carry me to his bedroom? hmm..I think it would be more realistic to believe that he had gotten one of his servant to do so instead"

Putting that thought aside, y/n then sat up as she stretched her arms above her head, feeling the warmth of the covers against her skin. With a light sigh, she swung her legs over the side of the bed before standing up to leave the room.

Checking the time, it was already 8am, meaning that she only had less than 2 hours left before the next goddess on Hades list arrives. This meant that she could finally return back to her usual life!

The somnolent woman had then made the resolute choice of leaving the sea lords private chamber to embark upon acquainting herself with the intricate interior of Poseidon's palace.

𓇽

What caught her eye the moment she stepped out the room was the door positioned at a considerable distance from the one she had just previously exited. Intrigued, y/n approached the door and perused the ornate sign which read 'guest room'.

This turn of events only left her with even more questions then she had at the beginning. The female couldn't help but ponder why the sea god didn't just simply leave her in the guest room. If she had slept in his room, then when did he sleep? Did they sleep together? Was the guest room not for the visiting goddesses to stay in? She could have sworn Hades had taken her to this room from the mini tour yesterday and told her that was the place she was going to be sleeping in for the night.

It was still early in the morning so y/n lacked the inclination to extort the effort in unraveling the why behind it all, which resulted in it being shrugged off the thought as she decided to leave it behind.

"I think it's better not to dwell on it too much.."

The goddess must have appeared a bit perplexed or disoriented as she was just stood there, lost in her own thoughts.

This did not go unnoticed as Proteus made his way to her. He had mistaken her puzzled reaction to be one because of her not being able to find the sea god. It had to be because of that reason, and with that, Proteus calmly walked towards her.

"Excuse me miss, a moment of your time if possible? I am Poseidon's humble servant, Proteus"

"Ah right..I'm the go-"

"I have came here to inform you of the absence of Poseidon"

"Oh oka-"

"You may leave now since the next goddess will be arriving shortly", after having said that, the servant then strode away, without saying anything else.

𓇽

To class y/n as feeling irritated was an understatement. That specific servant of Poseidon's had already left an unfavourable impression on her, but then again, it wasn't like she was going to meet him any time soon—or even again for that matter. The goddess muttered something under her breath before officially leaving Poseidon's mansion.

𓇽

Currently with Poseidon, he was paying a visit to his dear older brother in the Netherworlds.

The king of the seas had a sudden urge to cancel all the goddesses on the waiting list. And why was that you might ask? It was because he was bored of meeting them, every single one of them. Well, that was what he was trying to convince himself into believing.

Speaking truthfully, It wasn't as if he genuinely liked the idea at first—and don't even get him started on how utterly annoying and absurd the previous goddesses could get, but like he had previously stated, he was quite fond of how they would fawn over him.

But ever since that goddess y/n has came around, he had found himself constantly preoccupied with thoughts of her, unable to banish her from his mind. He needed this intolerable behaviour to stop. And how was he going to stop it? By cancelling this ridiculous event.

𓇽

Against all odds, the realm of possibility expanded its boundaries, allowing the once deemed impossible to become reality.

Despite his previous assertion that love was futile, especially for such a perfect being as him, he seems to now find himself to have fallen for her.

It was almost as if on queue, Poseidon had made it to his brothers fortress. He was instantly greeted by the god of death,

"Long time no see brother, what brings you here? You're not one who makes regular appearances"

"I no longer need to see anymore of them bottom feeders"

Hades was taken aback upon learning that his younger, typically unyielding sibling had developed an interest in someone. That was the first thought that came to his mind as what else could his brother have meant by that?

"Very well. Who am I to argue?"

The king of the Netherworlds' eyes gleamed with a mischievous glimmer. Being the sophisticated being he was, it was predicable that he possessed an ability to decipher his siblings' thoughts and emotions with ease, as if reading an unguarded manuscript.

Poseidon was found contemplating and wondering a means to prolong her presence by his side. The younger god sought the assistance of his older brother in his endeavour to have her remain in his company.

𓇽

"Is this intended as a gift for y/n, by any chance?"

"..."

Hades took the silence as an affirmative response, understanding it as an indication of agreement. He chuckled softly before presenting Poseidon the gift, in which Poseidon swiftly seized from its place.

𓇽

The tyrant had arrived back to his domain as he was greeted by his loyal servant. He had noticed that y/n had gone already, which was expected as he was supposed to be meeting the next goddess by now. But that is now a thing of the past, as he successfully resolved the matter.

All he needed now was the know where she could be found—which would be fairly easy to find out considering the amount of services he had around him. Poseidon let out a sigh of relief, feeling a weight lifted off his shoulders. He took out the gift, carefully examining it, the god harboured a conceal desire that the gift would bring her delight.