𝟖. 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐒 were becoming increasingly frequent, to the point of which it was difficult to dismiss them as mere coincidences. This time, the gift was not wrapped, it had only a white bow at the top. It was a football sized, water globe-like object that contained a pale pink water lily in the centre.

"My favourite flower..? This is too much of a coincidence to not be meant for me", the goddess thought as she skeptically looked at the delicate gift.

On this unforeseen occasion, y/n had made the decision to retain the gift, which marks the first time out of the eight occurrences.

As she enters back inside of her house, she carries the gift carefully yet suspiciously within her hands before placing it down on the polished marble table. Noticing the note stuck on the side of the gift, she gently pulled it off.

The goddess peruses the poem silently within her mind before becoming cognisant of the prominent letter "𝐧", a detail that had eluded her in the previous seven notes she had received.

Feeling a sense of discovery from the newfound information, the innovated woman hastened to her drawers and retrieved the seven preceding letters. She next meticulously arranged the gift notes on the table, arranging them in chronological order. Starting from the earliest correspondence to the most recent—which was the one previously attached to the flower orb gift.

Undeniably, each note bore a distinct letter, inscribed in bold print. The goddess felt a little dotish to have not realised this sooner.

Starting from the first letter to the last, it had successfully formed the coherent sequence of letters, spelling out the name of the one and only mighty sea god, "𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐧".

"If this really is true, then I have been remarkably dimwitted lately..", the dense goddess sweat-dropped.

The dumbfounded immortal being found herself grappling a range of vehemence in response to this newfound discovery, unsure on exactly how to react. Uncertainly loomed, she had also taken in to consideration on how this could potentially just be a jest orchestrated by another.

𓇽

Questioning himself, the tyrant of the seas had found himself once again, in the domain of his elder brother.

"Do you require my assistance in matters pertaining to your love life, my younger brother?" Hades smiled from his throne.

"How did-who told you that nonsense?" Poseidon quickly corrected himself.

Th king of the underworld just radiated another warm smile to his younger sibling in response, which only annoyed the latter further. To tell the truth, it was really all thanks to his youngest brother. Had he not had informed Hades about this 'peculiar' situation, he would not have been as prepared as he would have been currently.

Though, even without getting informed, the sea god had already made it dreadfully obvious. It was surprising how no one in all of Valhalla had found out yet.

"I will not question you any further", he began as he noticed the flustered face brother tried to hide.

"Since i am not acquainted with her on a deep level either, I'd advise you to consider into the little details you have found out about y/n on that day you spent with her."

"Like?"

Hades thought for a moment before asking, "Has she ever mentioned any specific interests or preferences?"

𓇽

"What a waste of time, that didn't provide any valuable insights", the king of the sea thoughts tainted with a sense of frustration as his foot crushed the soil beneath him with every maddening step he took. The frustrations however, slowly came to an end as the thought of it being for y/n helped ease his mind.

Arriving at the front of his kingdom, he then had a sudden recollection of the extent to which the goddess,  y/n held his garden in high esteem. Especially the pond—that's when the idea clicked in.

The pond.

The memories of that night flooded back into his mind on how she had briefly alluded to her belief that the pond would be enhanced aesthetically by the addition of some fish.

𓇽

Poseidon had decided to dedicate the remainder of his day to conducting thorough research on the suitable fish species to gift her. The fish he had ended up going with was the koi fish.

In fact, he had quite 'originally' thought of the idea of getting two, so that the fishes could live together (he had actually just gotten all of the servants that worked under him to present him ideas of how to craft this gift). His egotism wouldn't let him admit out loud, he simply had too much pride.

Advancing on however, with the concept firstly established in his mind, the sea god proceeded to commence his next course of action.