Chapter 10 - The Weekend Begins

When the blonde approached you, he seemed to be studying you heavily. Your eyes followed him as he walked around you, rubbing his chin in confusion.

Finally, you asked: "And you are...?"

He simply said: "Chan." When got back in front of you, he put his hands on his hips. "You're the girl Jisoo-Hyung and Jeonghan-Hyung have to help out, hm?"

"I guess so..." you glanced up at the rest of the men. Seokmin looked over at Joshua.

"You're right. She's really pretty." Joshua forced back a chuckle as he glanced in your direction. When he felt the daggers that were Seungcheol's eyes, Seokmin pursed his lips together. "Sorry, Hyung."

Seungcheol now was the one to walk over to you. "I really didn't think we'd have to meet but-." When he stuck a hand in your direction, you looked at him. "I'm Seungcheol. Those two knuckleheads over there-." He motioned to Joshua and Jeonghan, who you quickly noticed were huddled together, seemingly bickering about something. You caught sight of their narrow brows as they spoke in low voices to one another. "Those are our brothers."

"Brothers." You quickly took Seungcheol's hand, and he smiled when you politely bowed your head. He – just like the rest – was radiating with elegance and beauty. By simply standing in one place, you could feel the otherworldly presence surrounding every one of them. It felt stronger than Joshua or Jeonghan. Could it be that you were adjusting to their constant presence? When you glanced over at Joshua and Jeonghan again, their bickering had simmered down to the usual banter and snide remarks, before they looked away from one another. When Chan slipped up next to you again, you felt the sensation of plastic hit your leg and you looked down. Inside the plastic bag you were gripping were the snacks that Woozi had paid for. "Oh. Joshua-." You hurried over to him, handing him the bag. Joshua took it, peering inside. He could feel Jeonghan slithering up behind him, peering over his shoulder. "I just grabbed tons of stuff. There's ice cream, kimbap, noodles, yogurts, and milk. I wasn't sure what you would be in the mood for, so-."

Joshua smiled as you rambled to yourself about your findings. "Thank you." He said. You offered him a smile. Just then, Joshua felt Jeonghan nudge him, reaching out himself and grabbing the bag first. "Hey. Those are for me." He frowned, his hands extending quicker.

"Aah, gluttony is a sin," Jeonghan said with a grin in Joshua's direction. Joshua couldn't help but scoff; the duo both took hold of the bag and looked inside. The playful banter they shared calmed you as you watched them. As if on cue, you saw Chan and Seokmin follow behind, asking their older brothers for some of the snacks as well. As you stood by, you watched Joshua easily pass one to Seokmin. When Chan reached for one, the trio of older angels playfully denied him. They looked amused for a second at the distressed youngest, before Jeonghan finally passed him a snack as well. The smiles on their faces were content and angelic. They seemed happy to be back in the presence of loved ones, pushing all previously held disagreements behind them as soon as the youngest ones approached.

"Why are you guys even here?" you asked, looking back at Seungcheol and Wonwoo as they kept their distance from the seemingly much louder bunch. The duo shared a glance at one another, then turned back to you. Wonwoo was the one who approached you, putting a hand on your shoulder. He turned you back towards Jeonghan and Joshua, a finger extended to point to the duo as they opened a bag of chips, all four men sending their hands inside to grab a few bites. "Is it because Joshua got hurt?"

"Kind of. The longer Joshua and Jeonghan stay on Earth, the more they're going to act like humans. That means the more they're going to get hurt." He said. You glanced back over to him. "They've already been here a long time."