Chapter Seven - Shopping

Charmeine Rossi

After an hour of chatting with Daniella and Alek, we all walk outside.

"Ask for some money," Daniella whispers in my ear.

"What?" I question.

"So we can go shopping?" She says bluntly. And after a couple minutes of arguing quietly, I give in.

I take a deep breath, my heart fluttering with a mix of nerves and excitement.

With a gentle smile, I approach Matteo, who is engrossed in his work at his lavish office desk, and I tap lightly on his shoulder, catching his attention. "Hey, love," I say, my voice filled with warmth. "Do you have a moment?"

He glances up, his eyes softening a little. "Of course, Amore. What's on your mind?" he replies, his voice filled with genuine curiosity.

I take a step closer, my eyes meeting Matteo's. "Well, darling, I was wondering if I could have a little money for when I go shopping with Daniella," I mutter, my voice tinged with a hint of worry.

Matteo's expression softens, and he reaches into his pocket. And instead of handing my cash, he surprises me by pulling out his sleek black card. "Take this, my love," he says, his voice filled with affection. "Use it for whatever you desire. You deserve the world."

I feel my eyes widen with surprise. "I can't take this! All I need is s-" I get cut off my Daniella.

"She's very grateful and we'll see you later." She takes the card from Matteo's hand. I feel a rush of emotions, knowing that he trusts me completely and wants me to have the freedom to choose what I want. Daniella nudges me and gestures towards Matteo. I chuckle and kiss his cheek.

"Thank you, we'll only be a couple hours so don't worry." I say as I get dragged out of view by Dani. And after 10 minutes of walking, we make it to the town. We walk through all the boring shops until we get to all the prestigious ones.

As we step into the first shop, prada, the air is filled with the scent of luxury and the quiet song of music could be heard in the background. Dani walks beside me, her designer handbag swinging gracefully on her arm. We exchange excited glances, ready to indulge in a day of retail therapy.

The boutique is a paradise of opulence, with racks of exquisite dresses, shelves adorned with sparkling accessories, and displays showcasing the latest designer shoes. Dani and I make a beeline for the stunning dresses, our eyes widening with admiration at the intricate details and luxurious fabrics.

I pick up a gorgeous gown, the delicate lace feeling like a dream against my fingertips. "Dani, look at this dress!" I exclaim, my voice filled with awe. "It's like something out of a fairytale!"

Daniella joins me, her eyes twinkling with excitement. "Oh wow, Bella, that dress is absolutely breathtaking!" she exclaims, her voice filled with admiration. "You have to try it on! We have a ball tonight so we should be looking for dresses anyway."

I turn to look at her. "We have a what?!"

"Oh yeah, forgot to tell you. It's for you and my brothers engagement." She says happily and I roll my eyes. This is going to be fun.

We give each other knowing smiles and head to the fitting rooms, our arms filled with an array of stunning garments. The dress had real diamonds on the straps which I didn't notice. As I slip into the dress, the fabric drapes elegantly around me, accentuating my figure in all the right places.