Chapter Four

*Sia*

I watch him go up the stairs without another word.

Something definitely shifted in our twisted hated relationship we had going on. Ever since Tristan was kidnapped to be exact. I know it had just been the moment of fear and cluelessness of what was happening to my cousin when he had gotten kidnapped.

For a moment we had pushed all our differences aside and came together to help the person we cared and loved more than anyone else on this green earth. I mean, I love my parents just as much, but Tristan was like my little brother who needed to be protected. And I took that role to heart while growing up when he had no one else in the world to depend on.

But that day, back at my uncle's house, something had definitely shifted between us. I had hoped it was for the better because him hating me was really tearing me down. I never had anyone hate me before like this. I mean, I've had people hate on me but never an Omega.

But other than Tristan, I also never encountered with another male Omega either. They've all been women. So, that night when I tried to break in Sean's house and was almost bashed in by Cameron, I was completely thrown off guard when his pheromones seeped out and hit me like a fucking tidal wave. I was so shocked that all I could do was stare in wonder at him, not realizing that I was pining him down and freaking him out.

It had been too dark at the time, with it being night and all, but the moonlight shadowed over his features, and I knew just from that, that he was beautiful. He sure as hell was a fiery one though. And I couldn't say I didn't like that about him. It was a huge fucking turn on every time he threw me some shit. Even if that shit frustrated and irritated the crap out of me more than ninety percent of the time.

He didn't trust Alphas, I get that, but that didn't give him the right to lump every single one of us as a douche that more than likely deserved to get his ass handle to him. Like that Bret guy that had crashed Tristan's eighteenth birthday party. I didn't know exactly what was going on with that, but I knew I didn't like it.

The thought of another Alpha touching him, even in the past, pissed me off more than I like to admit. And seeing the man in person only cemented in my brain that Cameron had bad luck when it came to falling for the wrong ones. The guy screamed red flags in an instant. He crashed my cousin's party, full of people he didn't even know, completely uninvited for fuck's sake. Not to mention that he was stalking Cameron.

I didn't feel it was safe to leave the two of them alone. I couldn't help staying close to keep an on eye on them when they went out to talk. Because if that guy so much as laid a finger on him, invited or not, I was going to go ape shit on him and throw his ass out myself. But Cameron held his own and didn't allow the dickhead to cross any boundaries, thank fuck for that. As soon as the guy left I moved away from the window because I didn't want him thinking I was spying on them and get an awful ear load from the little spit fire.

Even though I wanted to ask him about this Bret guy, I held back. I was sure he wouldn't have appreciated me trying to get into all his business when it was clear he didn't want me there. But as much as I wanted to deny it I couldn't help the swarm of jealousy knowing other Alphas had touched him, even if it was in the past.

Turning from staring at him, after he was long gone and hearing the bedroom door close, I go to where Tristan was passed out on the couch, looking peaceful. Seeing his growing belly, it was still hard to wrap my head around that he was about to have a child and with someone he hasn't known for very long.

It was okay though. After everything that's happened I was glad it was with Axel and not someone like that dipshit James that he had thought he was in love with. Thinking about the guy still boils my blood. But he's out of his life thank the goddess above. I may have been opposed at first but seeing the two of them together...yeah they just fit perfectly.

And he treated my cousin exactly how he should always be treated.

Sitting in the armchair to the side of where he was sleeping, I sit back and close my eyes. I wasn't going to try and convince Tristan to head upstairs to his room and go to bed. Tried to do that once and it was like fighting a grouchy bear. He'll want to wait for Axel to get home. So, after a few minutes of the quietness I get up to lock all the doors, turn off the downstairs lights and shoot a text to Axel to let him know so he isn't caught off guard when he gets home.

I go walk back into the living room when I decide to leave the stairs light on but just to a dim golden glow. Turning the knob to where I wanted I go to head back into the living room but then I feel it. My entire body stiffens as the aroma rolls over me. Confused, I look up the stairs where I knew Cameron was sleeping.

Slowly, quietly I head up the steps until I'm in the hallway. There were no sounds, but the closer I got the stronger the pheromones became. They weren't just any pheromones. They were Cameron's I was sure of it, but something about them caused my heart rate to spike and my blood to heat. My breathing becomes heavier as the blood rushes down south and my dick instantly hardens.

Closing my eyes, I hold on the reins of my desperation and desire swarming within me. I stand by his closed door, hitting my back against it clamping my hand down hard on my thigh trying to keep myself from bursting in there. I didn't know what was causing his pheromones to leak out like that, but I had a very strong idea.

And fuck me for wanting to blast in there and take absolute control without ruining what little trust we did have for one another. And keeping my own pheromones in check was near damn impossible.

The guy for sure was going to ruin me, if he hasn't already.