Chapter 4: American War Machine

January 11th, 2077
United States of America

The American War Machine is a force to be reckoned with, shaking the very Earth with its mere presence alone. Despite dealing with the troubles going on in its own territories of Mexico, it still had plenty more forces to project its might across the globe.

And then some more.

Since the declaration of war against Eldoria was made official, military bases all across the US have experienced more activity than they usually were. Troops and resources were being moved accordingly while officers were drawing up plans on how to proceed against the military forces of Eldoria. UAVs and satellites were sent to collect as much information as they could of the situation in the Wood Elf territory, combined with information extracted by any wood elves who managed to cross the border into Panama.

The Eldorian force was composed of three primary armies, each with 500,000 troops estimated. Following them were two auxiliary armies of 200,000 troops each. Supporting and sustaining these armies was a logistical network of horse pulled convoys carrying food and goods to feed their soldiers. So far these have sustained the Eldorian forces moving across the desolated forests, but as they continue burning more of the forests, these convoys have been pushed thin and struggling to support their armies as effectively as they first started. This presented a major weakness that could be exploited by use of air and drone strikes targeting those convoys.

The cause and source of the massive fires devouring the forests were creatures the wood elves called Fire Salamanders. They were massive red lizards about the size of elephants, capable of breathing large amounts of fire and protected by a hide of thick armored scales. However their fire breath had a limited range, no greater than a standard flamethrower. Helicopters could easily fly out of range and pick them off with ranged weaponry like rockets and missiles. As for clearing out the Eldorian forces, large scale bombings will be conducted against their forces inside the already burned sections of Wood Elf territory. Any remnants will be hunted down by helicopters and infantry.

At airfields all across US territory, bombers were being loaded up on bombs and cruise missiles, ready to rain destruction down upon America's enemies. The only bomber used for such large scale operations was the B-1R Lancer, America's fastest and most capable bomber ever in service. Designed to replace the older B-1B variant and placed into service after the retirement of the B-52 Stratofortress. Its newer engines give it a top speed of Mach 2.2 and a max range of 6,000 miles. Its internal weapons bays have a carrying capacity of 50,000 pounds, and external hardpoints allow for the carrying of missiles for air-to-air defense. Its data link system allows its pilots to communicate with and control unmanned wingman drones for added escort and defense. Its pilots and operators have taken to calling it, "The BONER"

Out at sea, the Eldorians had a very small naval presence, with only a few hundred confirmed ships within its naval force. The US intended to wipe out its ships and lockout Eldoria from access to the sea, also identifying a dozen shipyards dedicated to construction and maintenance of naval ships.

Taking up this task was the 1st Battleship Strike Group and 2nd Carrier Strike Group lead by the USS Massachusetts (BBN-100) and the USS Thomas Jefferson (CVN-93) respectively. Along with the Massachusetts-class nuclear battleship, the US also lead it's fleets using the Eisenhower-class nuclear carriers. These were the heaviest ships ever designed and put into service with the United States Navy, even heavier than later super carriers, earning them the unofficial designation of mega carriers. Coming at a length of over 1,800 feet and a displacement of about 200,000 tons, double that of the Gerald R. Ford, and capable of carrying 160–180 aircraft including fighters, drones, and helicopters. The ship is powered by a single nuclear fusion reactor, not only providing energy for it's electronic propulsion drive system, but also various weapon systems including point-defense lasers and railguns, and it's vast array of powerful radars and surveillance systems. It is by all means considered the largest ship ever put into service by any navy, and the United States currently operates five in active service with a sixth nearly finishing construction. Each carrier strike group was based around one of these ships, escorted by two strike cruisers, four destroyers, and two submarines.