Chapter 7: Aftermath I

Shortly after the fall of Roma and the capturing of its Imperator, the rest of the Eldorian Empire capitulated and surrendered to the United States. It was only until the next 24 hours that American troops and vehicles began occupying all major cities, ships patrols across the coasts, and aircraft dominated the skies.

The United States had claimed victory and occupied the nation, with the fate of its people in their hands. Many people feared they would be annexed or enslaved by the Americans, they have the right to as the victors. At least from their point of view.

Instead they were met with quite the opposite.

One of the first things they did was disband the entire practice of slavery, freeing millions of slaves in a matter of days. This greatly infuriated many nobles and property owners, but they knew better to fall in line than risk being shot by the American soldiers. Next thing they did was establish a rudimentary education system accessible to not just scholars and rich people, but to the former slaves and peasants. This was part of their plan for the fate of the Eldorian Empire, to make basic education largely available to all classes of citizenship before establishing a new government body.

The Eldorian Empire was torn down and renamed as the Eldorian Republic, which for the moment was being run by the rich and elite under the supervision of the United States. Once enough time has passed and the general population was educated enough, elections would be held, and the Eldorians would be granted more anatomy. Though they would remain under American supervision, serving as a puppet or vassal state and have a consistent US military presence for the foreseeable future. A few of the destroyed garrisons across the major cities were being rebuilt to serve as military bases for the United States to station its troops.

As for Imperator Lucius Aurelianus, he was arrested and faced with several charges in the American justice system, including attempted genocide and ecocide. He is now locked up in a federal prison, where he will remain for the rest of his life.

For the elves, there was a lot of work to be done with over 70% of their homeland literally burnt to a crisp, but now the danger was gone. Revitalization efforts are now underway to restore sections of the Wood Elf Forest, aided by several environmental organizations from across the United States. Only four small wood elf villages remained, so a majority of remaining elf population would be living in the United States for some time. Thousands were given Visas and allowed to live beyond the refugee camps, the more educated individuals who're interested to learn and discover what hospitality the Americans have to offer.

The Wood Elves were officially declared an ally of the United States, with official documents signed between President Sterling and the now Queen Starleaf. This presented new opportunities for both sides who were eager to benefit from each other.

Though it was far from just sunshine and rainbows.

The United States was still fighting against terrorism within its Mexican states, and its entire trade and overseas commerce industry had ground to a halt. The people were starting to feel the effects as prices inflated on numerous items imported from other countries. Right now Sterling's main focus was to stabilize the economy before it got worse, then figure out how to make up or supplement everything produced overseas. The biggest loss was Taiwan who exported a lot of advanced electronic components and semiconductors for both military and commercial application. It would take years to recover from that. America also had a lot of crops needing to be extorted, including corn and soybeans. Luckily several individuals from the new Eldorian Republic showed interest in opening trade with the United States. At the moment the shipyards and ports across all major cities were being rebuilt to accommodate US merchant and cargo ships.

It was these individuals that revealed an interesting subject for the Americans. The Black Dragon Tribe whom merchants and businessmen claimed lived on an island that was found located 100 miles east of Puerto Rico. American aircraft and satellites were investigating the island.