𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚.

─☼☼☼─

"𝙄 𝙎𝙏𝙄𝙇𝙇 𝘾𝘼𝙉'𝙏 believe your fucking Kook-ass parents." JJ exclaimed, the Twinkie flying down the outskirts of town. After he and Charlotte had fled her house, she had alerted him to where Kiara had been taken─Kitty Hawk.

That had been the name on the van and the shirts of the men who had taken Kiara. The name alone made Charlotte's skin crawl...it sounded so ominous.

Charlotte, who was rather focused on the trees outside, didn't turn her head as she spoke, "Yeah," She said quietly, "I don't think I can forgive them for doing to this to her."

"Like, thank God they didn't send you away too. Fuck, then I'd be doin' a double rescue here." JJ rambled, having not yet caught on to the way Charlotte's shoulders dropped even more.

With a literal pain in her chest, Charlotte spoke again. "I'm too old for Kitty Hawk. Missed the cut off by a few months...they were going to send me somewhere else."

JJ's head shot toward her and Charlotte finally turned to look at him, a sad smile on her lips. "Mental Health Facility." She explained, voice breaking at the prospect of her parents sending her away to a place like that. "I probably would have been checked in by tomorrow."

Slamming his hand into the steering wheel, JJ let out a loud curse, "You can't go back there, Charls...ever. The minute you step through those doors they'll be sending you away somewhere."

Charlotte shrugged, "No where else to go," she said softly. And it was partly true—the Chateau was gone, JJ's house was foreclosed, and there was no way Heyward would let another one of Pope's friends move in.

Surely Charlotte's first thought was to move in with Rafe, but she was positive that JJ wasn't thinking of that as a solution.

"We'll figure it out," JJ assured. "Maybe we stay in South America."

A smile blossomed on Charlotte's lips as she looked over at him, "That actually sounds kinda nice."

"Right?" JJ grinned, happy to see a smile back on Charlotte's face for the moment, "Surfing all day, getting sun, making a new name for ourselves."

If it didn't involve leaving Rafe behind, Charlotte would have actually considered it.

The sound of Charlotte's phone ringing interrupted their what-if session. Reaching into the pocket of her shorts, Charlotte pulled it out. "It's John B." she declared, sliding her finger across to answer the call.

Charlotte had barely hit the speaker button by the time John B was rambling at the two of them. "Where are you guys!?"

Shooting JJ a look, Charlotte answered, "...in the Twinkie."

A huff came from the other end, "Care to be more specific, Charley?"

JJ leaned over, speaking into the phone, "Look man, we gotta go get Kiara. You're gonna need to give us, like, eight hours for liberation."

"Eight hours!" John B exclaimed, "Guys, we don't have eight hours. We've got a jet here, we're all waiting!"

"I know, dog. I know the clock is ticking," JJ sympathized, "Just hold out as long as you can and if we need to go we'll meet you there."