Chapter Thirteen - Welcome Back

"She doesn't look much like she needs rescuing to me," McGonagall said as she came through the crowd to stand with the trio and others. "Actually, she looks very happy."

"Thank you, ma'am," Draco and Hermione both answered. Hermione looked up again to Draco and blushed.

"Professor," Ron said, exasperated. "You can't be serious? I mean, what stupid bastard would even marry them in the first place?"

"That would be me," Minerva said sternly. She was getting fed up with Ron's attitude. She hadn't interrupted before now as she knew Hermione deserved to be heard, but now it had gone too far.

"You married them?" Ron asked as he gasped. "Are you fucking mad?"

"I assure you that I am of perfect sound mind," she straightened up. "It was a beautiful and intimate ceremony. Best wedding I have been to in decades." She looked to Harry and Luna. "No offence to either of you two couples."

"You're married, Luna?" Ginny asked, shocked.

Luna nodded and looked up to Blaise. "Almost four years now," she said, "to this handsome man."

"I am the luckiest man alive," Blaise said in response.

Ginny smiled. "That's so sweet." Blaise and Luna both looked to the red head and nodded in thanks.

"No! No! No!" Ron said, pacing now, wishing he had got a drink from the bar before all this. "Hermione can't be married. This weekend was my chance. My chance to win her over and make her fall for me again." He looked to Draco, who was staring at his wife. "Stop fucking looking at her like that. She is mine! She loved me before she ever loved you. I was her first."

"You may have been," Draco said, not looking up. "But I am her last."

"Ron," Hermione said softly and sighed. She felt bad but she had to get her point across. "I don't love you, Ron. I could never love you after what you did to me. Draco was the one to help put me back together again. The one who saw me at my darkest and loved me regardless. He helped me see the light again. He is my family. We have a baby together. I adore him, and Sienna adores him." She looked to Ron as hurt flashed in his eyes. "I'm sorry, but I am happy. Deliriously happy. Draco is the one."

As Harry watched Hermione hold onto Draco and talk about him, his own prejudice against the Slytherin Prince seemed to disappear. Harry forgave Draco a long time ago and even spoke on his behalf during his trial. Draco threw his wand to Harry, and without it, Harry wasn't sure he would be here today. He forgave Draco a long time ago. But he still remembered the bully from school and the boy he bullied. There was still a wall between them. Harry thought they would never be friends.

But seeing how happy he made Hermione. Seeing how he cared for her, held her, and protected her, because of all that Harry knew instantly that he would never again make fun or act cruelly towards Draco again. He didn't want to lose Hermione in his life, and that meant that he had to accept Draco. It was a small task in the grand scheme of things.

So Harry stepped up to Draco and put his hand out. "Congratulations," he said, smiling. "I know it's silly as you are already married. But I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness together."

Draco looked shocked but shook Harry's hand. "And to you and Ginny," he replied. "I want you to know that I adore Hermione. I am head over heels in love with her. She and Sienna are my everything. I plan to send the rest of forever, making sure she is happy. I know I am blessed because I have her. She sees you like a brother. You're her family, so you're my family. You, Ginny, and little James. I hope you will think of us the same way."

"We do," Harry nodded, beamed actually. He then turned and shook Blaise's hand as well.

Ginny was looking deeply ashamed as Professor McGonagall was standing telling Ron off. She sighed. "Hermione, I am sorry."