Chapter Twenty Two - Ball Prep

Ginny was not used to this at all! Since Luna and Hermione left, Ginny has had very few female friends to hang around with. And she definitely didn't spend time in the bedroom, drinking cocktails, listening to music, and dancing around as she got ready for the night ahead. This was a foreign concept to her. But she was loving every single second of it.

"Hey Ginny?" Pansy asked, peaking her head around the open wardrobe and towards the red head. "I'm thinking of changing your dress up a little. Is that alright?"

"My dress?" Ginny asked, surprised. She had bought the dress last minute on a whim. She had another to wear, but it was very conservative. She had been shopping with her mother at the time, which influenced her decision. Then, during the week, when she was out to lunch with Angelina, she found the dress she was planning on wearing. It was probably the most expensive item of clothing she owned.

"I just want to darken the fabric a little and change the neckline," Pansy explained. She actually had a few more ideas, but she didn't want to frighten the poor girl.

But Ginny knew that there was a reason Pansy was an award-winning designer. She clearly knew what she was doing. "Sure, if you don't mind?"

Pansy grinned. "This is what I live for. I made Mia's, Luna'a and Daphnes dresses as well as my own. It's my passion." She spoke as she took out her wand, and soon Ginny would hear the sound of the fabric ripping. She closed her eyes and turned her attention back to Luna, who was currently doing the red head's hair, as her own set in curlers.

"What did you call this again?" She asked, holding up her glass.
Hermione giggled as she topped up her glass. "It's called a Rock star Martini."
"Or a Pornstar Martini," Luna added.
"It's so yummy!" Ginny said, taking another sip.
"Wait to you try Hermione's raspberry daiquiris," Pansy added, coming over to grab her own glass. "She makes them every book club weekend."
Ginny smirked. "Book club?" Whatever it was, it sounded right up Hermione's street.
"Well, it started out years ago as a book club. Now it's just an excuse for us girls to get together once a month to drink cocktails and gossip," Luna laughed, clinking her glass with Pansy's.
"You will see at the next one when you join," Daphne smiled.

Hermione was so proud of how quickly Daphne and Pansy accepted Ginny and didn't hold any hostility or give her any grief. They had been nothing but friendly to her from she set foot in the room. Both Slytherin girls knew how important this was to both Luna and Hermione, and they were on their best behaviour as they wanted the best outcome for their friends. Not that it was particularly hard. Ginny fit right in, and both girls grew every fond of her after just a few minutes. And the feeling was very mutual.

"Alright, ladies," Pansy said, checking her watch. "It's...magical crap it's almost 4 pm. We have an hour and a half left to get ourselves ready." Pansy was a real stickler for time. She was never late for anything. She firmly believed if one was early, one was on time, and if one was on time, one was late.

"Pans relax," Luna said, pouring more cocktail into her glass. "We have plenty of time. We have mine, yours, and Ginny's makeup done. Hermione is doing hers now. Then we just have to do our hair and get dressed." She laughed as she topped up Ginny's glass. "Pansy likes to panic."

"Pansy just wants everything to be perfect," Pansy pouted, but the outer corner of her lips twitched. She took a large sip of her cocktail. Hermione, who had been staring out the window, gave a sigh. "What's up?"
She turned to Pansy and shrugged. "I had sent a letter this morning to Narcissa to see how Sienna was getting on, but I haven't heard back," she bit her lip. "I hope Sienna isn't too much trouble for them."
"That little girl is an angel. I am sure they are just too busy enjoying having her to themselves." Daphne chuckled. "It's perfectly normal to worry about your baby. You and Draco have never been away from here for more than a few hours at a time. But there is no one you would trust more with your little one than your parents and Draco's. She is in good hands."
Hermione sighed. "I know. And you're right. I am one of those overbearing mothers who need to know what their child is doing every second of the day, aren't I?"
"You said it, not us," Pansy smirked. "But you will feel better in a few minutes."