Chapter Forty Five - Surprise

"Don't worry love," Draco said as he and Ginny walked towards the duo, Draco with his arm around Ginny's shoulders. "We will see them so often, they will get annoying...again." He chuckled as Hermione wrapped her arms around him and Ginny did the same with Harry making a little group hug.
"I was just telling Draco that you two are coming over on Sunday for lunch," Ginny nodded.
"And we have already made plans to spend Christmas together at our place," Draco nodded.

"You won't mind having us three for Christmas?" Harry asked a little surprised.
Draco shook his head. "Not at all," he assured him. "It would be a pleasure to have our family over for our first Christmas together."

Harry beamed. "Bet you never thought you'd get me as a brother-in-law, eh Draco?"
This made everyone laugh as Draco replied. "Everyone knows I always secretly wanted to be your friend Harry. Brother-in-law sounds pretty good to me." He clapped him on the back. "You are welcome in our home anytime. I've already had my father add your home to our Floo network so you can pop back and forth easily."

Ginny gave a squeak. "So not only do I get my friend back but I gain a sister and brother? This has been a pretty eventful weekend."
"Well," Draco said as they made their way outside and to the top of the steps of the school. "I hope you don't mind but I booked a carriage for the four of us for the ride home. I thought it would be nice to have a little time together before we part ways." Ginny eyes shot up in shock. "Unless you were looking forward to traveling by train?"
Harry snorted and Ginny turned up her nose. "Sitting in a rickety old train for about 6 hours vs 2 hours in a luxury carriage with you two?" She put her finger to her chin. "Oh, whichever shall we choose?"

Professor McGonagall, Flitwick and Hagrid were standing on the steps saying goodbye to students as Neville and Hannah waved everyone off. They lived in Hogsmeade where Hannah was now the proud owner of the Three Broomsticks so they wouldn't be travelling back.
"It was great to see you Mione," Neville smiled as he bent down to hug her. "Make sure you keep writing to me. We love getting your letters, don't we love?"
Hannah nodded. "Yes, please do! How else can I keep my investor up to speed on what's going on with the pub?"
Harry raised an eye to the couple as Draco shook his head. "You've paid me back in alcohol a few times over. You owe me nothing." He leaned in and hugged Neville and his wife. "But I will see you next week at poker," he nodded to Neville. "I will ask Mrs Potter if I can bring her husband for a play date."

Harry looked pretty excited and spun around to Ginny. "Can I? Please?" He squeaked making Ginny laugh.
"If you're going to poker with Draco, then I am joining book club with Mia," Ginny winked at her friend using her nickname for the first time.
"Deal," Draco said holding his pinky out to Ginny who hooked her own through and they shook.
"So, we will see you next week for poker," he nodded to Neville and Hannah and turned to the elf who had added their luggage to the carriage.

Hermione watched proudly as Draco bent down to the elf's height. "Morning," he said politely holding out his hand. "My name is Draco. Thank you so much for tending to our luggage."
The elf who was about a foot taller than the other elves and was wearing what looked like a toddler pair of jeans and a muggle football jersey looked shyly up at him. "It's being my pleasure sir."
"Please," Draco said softly. "Call me Draco."
The elf gave a sort of bow and nodded. "D... Dr... Draco," he smiled. "My names being Fitzy."
"Well Fitzy," Draco said holding out his hand which the elf look at, hesitated for a split second but then shook vigorously. "Thank you again." He dove his hand into his blazer pocket and pulled out a sack of coins. "It's not much but it might buy you some shoes to match your colourful top." The elf looked up to Draco and then to Hermione who was smiling and nodding at him before taking the bag. He bowed and thanked Draco several times before standing back and holding the door open for them.