Prologue||

♡ ♡ ♡
Meraki
Definition: doing something with soul, creativity or love; to put something of yourself into what you care.
♡ ♡ ♡

Dante Ferrari

23 years ago

"what's going to happen now?" questions my wife, Lucia looking at me with worry.

It hasn't even been a month sense she gave birth to our youngest pair of twins, Alonzo and Athena. After four boys we were finally blessed with a baby girl. We couldn't be happier.

"I don't know, amore. They've killed so many of our men. I-" no, not going there.

The Russian have decided to start a war knowing our current Don, my uncle is dead. We don't have a Don, the Familiga is crumbling into pieces. Capos and captains fighting about who should take the role.

Its between me and Alessandro Romano, we two are the ones with highest ranks.

"what is it? Tell me" Lucia turns completely towards me so she had her full attention on me. I sigh.

"our spies in the Bratva, came in contact today. the Russians, they know about Athena." The horror and worry is so clear in her beautiful green eyes. all of our children have her eyes, and I love it, the fact they look like my wife. I love it.

"Dante" her voice shakes, her eyes fill with tears.

We made it a mission to keep the pregnancy and the fact we have a daughter a secret. Only our sons and the Romano's know of it.

We knew what would happen if we had a daughter, we would have to arrange a marriage for her as soon as possible. Its an easy ticket for one of the highest rank positions to marry her.

When the word about my wife being pregnant got out the first two times, not only people in our Mafia, but several other mafia's sent request to arrange a marriage if it's a girl.

"Alessandro suggested we give her up- give her up for adoption. While I send you and the boys to Italy and go and kill the Don of the Bratva and take my rightful place as the Don." I rushed out, it felt like I was talking on auto-pilot.

"Dante no, I'm not- no!"

"Amore"

"No, I'll take her to Italy with me and you go-" she starts to cry not being able to continue, I pull her to me, hugging her tightly.

"I don't want our daughter to be a target for the rest of her life, or die at the hands of our enemies. Its for the best"

My wife cries harder, she knows I'm right. She will never know peace if she stays with us.

♡ ♡ ♡