4||

♡ ♡ ♡

Opacarophile

Definition: a person who loves sunsets

♡ ♡ ♡

Athena Grace

"the auction starts at 6pm, your dress should arrive any minute. You should really hurry up, or you'll be late." Sophie voice comes from the airpod in my ear. She continues on about something, my entire focus is on the menu designs in front of me. They're all beautiful but there's something about them I don't like.

Well for one, they're too big, and to many pages. Its like a fucking book rather than a restaurant menu.

To many choices. Makes it way to overwhelming. There are five different categories on the menus, there's about 10 to 13 items on each of them. That 50 to 56 items on the menu.

"Tell our head chefs I want to have a meeting with them as soon as possible about cutting of some items of our menus." I cut of Sophie. "and set up a meeting with the marketing team, preferably on Monday." I hang up the phone without saying goodbye and leave my office.

♡ ♡ ♡

I had been here for twenty minutes, and I had made small talk with a few people while grabbing another glass of champagne as soon as the one in my hand was finished.

I often ended up at events like this. For different reason. Tonight? Because Ginevra is a sponsor to the auction, the food and drinks are from our menus.

There are round tables all around the big room. In front of every chair was a little piece of paper with the name of who is supposed to sit in the chair.

A man in a three-piece suit spoke into the microphone and told everyone to sit down.

Elio Ferrari

She looked like the female version of dad. Her hair was the same black colour dad has, and her eyes just like were when she was born. A light green almost grey, just like Alonzo's eyes. The shape of her lips, eyes, nose, face, dad all over it.

The older twins and I had brown hair and green eyes, just like our mom. None of us really got anything from our dad. Expect for Athena and Alonzo who got dads light green-greyish eyes.

She was talking to a couple across the room. she looks beautiful. Her head held high, talking with confidence. She's wearing a black dress that stops right at her ankles. Showing her red bottom heels.

Dominic Romano makes his way to Athena, sliding his arm around her waist trying to pull her closer to him. Key word, trying. Because Athena stands her ground, not moving an inch. And politely moves his hand away from her.  

Dominic gives her a weird look. She doesn't mind him and keeps on talking to the older couple.

Our family and the Romano's have been doing business together for years. I've known Dominic for years, but I didn't know he knew who Athena was.

"who are you staring at?" Romeo says sitting down beside me.

"Athena"

Dad didn't let Emilio and Alonzo join us, or mom.

Mom hasn't stopped crying.

If it was up to Emilio, we would kidnap our sister and force her to stay with us.

Alonzo would problem get drunk and say something stupid.

The whole 'let's just kidnap her' thing came from both Romeo and Emilio but because Romeo's hacking skills got us the information that she was coming here today and just some other information about her, he manipulated his way here.

"mhm, she fun you know".

"and how would you know that?" I turn to my little brother with narrowed eyes. His eyes widen, his mouth opens, probably to give me some sort of shitty answer but dad sits down on his other side. Romeo sighs in relief thinking I would forget about what he said.

The fucker has a problem with not knowing what the word privacy means. We told him to check if she has any health issues or any criminal record, and to find out how she ended up in New York. Of course, he didn't stop there and dug deeper.

I swear if he-

"can you at least try and not look like you might murder everyone" dad says giving me side glance before shaking his head.

"it's tempting" I say with zero emotion in my voice or on my face.

Athena makes her way towards us because her seat is at our table, thanks to Romeo. He's useful for some shit.

"Mr Ferrari" she addresses dad, with a polite smile and shakes his hand.

"Miss Ricci, nice to see you again" dad says with a genuine smile you don't see every day.

Dad introduces us, we both shake her hand. The auction starts and we all sit. At the very last minute Dominic makes his way to us and sits down beside me.

♡ ♡ ♡

Athena Grace

The auction ends, I ended up paying way too much for a necklace. But it's for charity I had to remind myself while I had to go up against that old man. Shockingly enough Dominic was here, and he participated. Bought some jewellery too. Not sure for whom, considering his mom barley ever wears any type of jewellery.

I wait in the hotel lobby for them to bring my car. I can feel a pair of eyes on me, I've felt watched the entire time I've been here, but this one is different. Somewhat familiar. I don't think much of it, until I feel his presence right behind me.

I turn a little just to get a glimpse of who it might be. Then my eyes meet his, those whiskey-coloured eyes, I last saw them months ago in Las Vegas. He towers over me, in a black three-piece Armani.

"we meet again, miss runaway" he gives me an edible smirk. His black hair pushed out of his face.

"what is that supposed to mean?" I turn completely to him.

"you ran away that's what it's supposed to mean". What else was I going to do? We fucked till the sunrise, the second he fell asleep I fled the room. I'll admit, a coward move but I would rather run than confront the man after his mouth was on every inch of me.

"what did you expect? For me to fall in love? I mean your dick game is good but not good enough for me to fall in love in one night" I cross my arms.

"ouch" he places a hand over his heart, acting offended. I shrug a shoulder.

"ma'am" someone from behind me calls, I turn to the valet, he gives me my car keys, I give him his tip and he walks away with a thank you. I'm about to the same when a hand around my wrist stops me. 

"Join me for the night" the mystery man says. I step closer to him, and whisper "I'm not having sex with you".

This time he actually looks offended.

"at least tell me your name".

I can't help it but laugh "no thank you".

I'm still laughing when I get inside my car. He didn't bother asking for my name before getting me naked. And plus, there is no need for names I've no intentions of seeing him again.

♡ ♡ ♡
Imagine meeting your dad, and two eldest brothers without knowing.