𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲.

sieun never would of thought she'd be sharing a smoke with kyung jun, especially since they'd been

sieun never would of thought she'd be sharing a smoke with kyung jun, especially since they'd been....not the best of friends.

they continued in their shared silence, the taller boy lighting his own cigarette a few minutes after their interaction. the smoke curled into the night air, memories of past disagreements lingering between them.

she supposed he wasn't that bad when he was silent. all went to hell the moment he opened his mouth though. shame. she dropped the rest of the cigarette to the ground, snuffing it out with her converses.

sieun looked up at him, kyung jun looking up as he smoked. their eyes met as he turned to look at her, a subtle tension hanging in the air.

she hesitated, debating whether to break the silence that oddly brought them together or to let the night continue its quiet course. he exhaled smoke, seemed to be waiting for her next move.

she coughed and looked away, the eye contact becoming awkward. loud, harsh sirens pierced through the night, disrupting the quietness between them.

she tensed, the unexpected intrusion shattering the fragile connection. kyung jun glanced around, a flicker of concern in his eyes. sieun headed back in, kyung jun rushing in behind her, looking around in confusion.

"the fuck?" she whispered, the siren getting louder and louder, her voice drowned out by the wails. an automated voice rang throughout the center.

'voting is now closing in one minute.' her phone buzzed in her hoodie, retrieving it to see the same notification appear on her phone. she glanced up to catch kyung jun do the same.

"who did you vote for?" she asked him.

"heo yeol. everyone else did." he answered.

the atmosphere was charged with suspicion, looking at each other with skepticism. "same here." she muttered, thoughts racing as the siren intensified.

this wasn't normal. why the fuck did she come on this stupid trip? how was the center connect with the app on their phones? questions exploded in sieun's mind, frustration and anxiety settling in. she did not like this.

thuds and shouts appeared upstairs, the two looking at each other before running up. they turned into a corridor, the rest of the class there.

'voting has now closed.'

"why did you all vote for me?" heo yeol complained, standing at the end of the hallway. "you've made this boring now."

"you're the one who made it!" a girl shouted at him, voices chiming in with agreement.

'heo yeol, who has received majority votes, will now be executed.'

the hallway turned silent.

heo yeol bent over, hands covering his ears as he grimaced, stumbling around. a few laughs erupted at his antics.

that wasn't normal. something wasn't right with him.

sieun's gaze narrowed, the laughter around her grating to her ears. his best friends couldn't realise he wasn't acting normal? that something more serious might be happening?

he continued to groan, trembling as he staggered to the wall, leaning on the wall.

"heo yeol, what's wrong with you?" one of them asked, coming closer to him. heo yeol's head shot up, but his eyes were white.

irises, pupils, the entire thing just a muted white. sieun took a step back, uneasiness spreading throughout the hallway.

he convulsed violently, dropping to his knees, his head striking the ground in a relentless rhythm. the impact repeated itself, each collision with the floor sending blood scattering across the surface.

chaos spread, screams shattering through, the sight of heo yeol going insane. people ran towards him to bring his head back up, frantics attempts to restrain him were thrown off with heo yeol lunging himself at the wall.

the class exploded into a frenzied craze, running around the hallway trying to escape from heo yeol's disturbed state.

she was paralysed in shock, gaze fixed at heo yeol continued in his uncontrollable episode.

it was like a surreal nightmare, the air thick with a sense of dread as blood was everywhere, broken glass thrown around, a cacophony screams and shouts reverberating in her ears.

sieun felt like she was trapped in a horror movie, stuck in a harrowing life or death scene that she couldn't escape no matter what.

a collective gasped filled the air as he abruptly stopped in his tracks, usual white shirt stained with red stains and glass sticking out of it, hair matted and tangled with blood, staring ahead at them. his disheveled appearance stunned the onlookers, sending shivers down their backs.

the chilling silence broke, as his body twisted and in seconds, he hurled himself out of the window. the crash of breaking glass echoed through the hallway, leaving the class in silence.

hollers and shouts ringed out, delayed in shock, frozen in fear as they weren't able to stop heo yeol from...killing himself.

they watched him die and didn't do anything about it.

time passed slowly as sieun felt her eyes close shut - not with her will, but like it was forced to. she slowly succumbed to darkness, the world around blurring into nothingness as her her body fell slump, the thud of it falling to the floor resonating in ears.

 she slowly succumbed to darkness, the world around blurring into nothingness as her her body fell slump, the thud of it falling to the floor resonating in ears