6

"Darling, let's run, run from it all"
— Run (Taylor's Version)

M I N G Y U

"He's fine, maybe the rain triggered his memories." I watch as Seungkwan stand before turning his head towards me. "He has a powerful mind but weak body." I don't why he's telling me that with a serious face.

My eyes slowly made its way towards the person laying quietly on the bed. His face is so pale that someone could mistook it as a dead body.

"Don't you think it's strange?" Seungkwan suddenly asked. He walked towards the window where  could perfectly see the heavy rain and lightning striking one after another outside.

He resumed. "The sky was so clear but it suddenly rained. What do you think?"

What do I think? I don't know. Seungkwan turned around and faced me with a serious expression before asking a question I never thought he would ask.

"Have you manifest your powers yet?"

I was caught off guard by his question but I pretended to stay calm before responding. "No. It will take another year or two." He nods his before looking over the person deep in slumber in the bed.

"Captain was right, putting the two of you together would be a perfect match." Perfect match? Me and that bastard? That's just ridiculous. As I was about to make a statement he completely cut me off.

"Do you remember the day Captain brought him?"

Ofcourse I do. There's no way I could forget that day, the first time I saw him I already knew that he brought hell along with him. That was true, after he came everything around us became more complicated, it's as if a curse was casted upon us.

And that curse is him.

I didn't say anything and just stood silently. Just like Seungkwan always does, if no one responds to him he continues. "He's annoying at first, I'll admit that. However, he's just like the rest of us. There's so many things that he keeps to himself."

He stopped for a moment. And never in my life I would have thought Seungkwan could act like that to anyone. I've never seen him like that after being here for four years with him.

After all this time, I just realized how much I didn't know about everyone I lived with for four years.

Seungkwan turned his head to me displaying an expression on his face I couldn't comprehend. He said the following words in a solemn tone. "We really are monsters."

I couldn't say anything back from him. No matter where we go, people will view us as monsters and monsters will always be monsters.

"But he's not." My eyes snapped at Wonwoo.

"He's an ordinary human being. I don't know what Captain's purpose is when he brought him here. I just couldn't understand it."