7

"We are buried beneath the weight of information, which is being confused with knowledge; quantity is being confused with abundance and wealth with happiness."

—Tom Waits

W O N W O O

Four days. That's how long I've been here with these people—pirates—on this massive ship. Moreover, two days had passed since I woke up after suddenly fainting the last time I was with Mingyu.

When I woke up, all I can feel is my aching heart and my body suddenly felt so heavy. It's as if something heavy was put on my back. I couldn't understand it as well—I was so confuse.

With my arms leaned over the traffrail. The wind keeps coming from any direction but I didn't mind. I fact, I like this scenery, it so quiet, so...peaceful.

I watch in anticipation at the tranquil ocean as a dolphin jumped out from the water. A smile slowly makes its way to my lips. The ship set sail awhile ago and as the others do the things they were assigned into, all I could do was stand far away in the corner like a lost child.

Mesmerized, I continue to stare on the glittering water. The shining moon above makes it even more gorgeous as it reflected on the water.

"Hey, aren't you cold here?"

My head snapped towards my left direction. Once I realized who it was, my smile immediately dropped as I stare back into the horizon as if nothing just happened.

I could hear Seungkwan's small laugh despite the loud breeze surrounding us as he made his way beside me then looking over the scenery before him. We stood side by side without speaking.

A thought came into my mind. Why is he still awake?

As if hearing my thoughts he said with an amused expression, "You must be wondering why I'm still awake." Astonished, I turn my head to him with my eyes widen a little.

Is he some kind of mind reader or what?

Seungkwan snorted before glancing at me with the corner of my eyes. "There should be atleast one person on this ship to keep an eye for the ship or else you wouldn't know when a bunch of hyenas would suddenly attack you."

Does he meant by 'hyenas' the other 'pirates'? Well, he has a point though.

"How about you, why are you still awake?"

"I can't sleep." My voice was full of sincerity. Everytime I shut my eyes and drift away, all I can see was the same scenerio I saw before fainting. Bloods and a person chasing me. The  weirdest part is that, I don't remember having those memories. It's not mine.

"There's a herb that could help you sleep, however, it can only be found in the Urel Kingdom." Seungkwan informed as he added, "Trading and selling them is prohibited. Execution is the penatly for doing it."