9 - Tenebrosus Town I

"Secrets are intended to hide"
-S.C

W O N W O O

The night has finally come.

Two days have passed since then and we've finally arrived in Orz. The ship was hidden though. Well, it's understandable since this island is filled with exiles and-mostly-criminals. You wouldn't know what will happen when you leave your ship fully exposed in their eyes.

Despite that, there's still some ships exposed in the naked eyes. Thus, I came into a conclusion that it must have been their first time here or they're custom enough to be doing that.

"We'll carry out the plan just the same. Don't do anything else other than what I ordered. Unless you want me to kill you myself here."

Seungcheol reminded with a serious tone. Once everything was settled, we start making our way to the gloomy town. The dark sky isn't making anything-everything-better at all.

While making our way, I could feel numerous daggered gazes on us. It might have been because our identities are concealed by this black cloak we're wearing.

Other than that, there were also slums in every corner while some look decent. Moreover, the houses here are all wrecked. It's completely different from the beautiful and shiny Golvion Kingdom.

We turned into a darkened alley then stopped. Seungcheol turned to us and nod his head, signaling that this is where we starts to scatter around.

Felix, Ryujin, and Seungkwan run on the right direction then Minghao and Joshua walked as if they were on a leisure walk in the direction we went into. My eyes landed on Mingyu-the sword inside a scabbard resting on his torso-who's not moving even an inch. He looks like he wanted to say something but didn't do it anyway.

He turned his heels and start walking as I followed him from behind. I turned my head behind and didn't saw Seungcheol making my brows knitted in confusion. My head snapped back on the person before me as we made our way into an unfamilliar path.

As we walk further and further, I can feel an eerie feeling building up inside me. Eventually, it faded away once our steps halted. I lift my head and stare at the ancient chapel that Seungcheol and Zaar mentioned.

Well, it's really creepy.

There are no windows but the massive wooden door was still attached. I silently watch as Mingyu made his way over and opened it. The door opened with a loud 'creak'-ing sound and the cold breeze blow outside making a few strand of my hair fall into my eyes.

Relaxed, Mingyu turned to me then asked.

"Are you just going to stand there?"

As expected. His temper snaps faster than a thread. When I started walking, he turned his heels and take a step inside. There was nothing else but a statue at the distance and there were flowers surrounding it.

It's a statue of a man. The statue itself looks old, there are few cracks yet it remained standing. My eyes landed on the paintings hanging on the wall. Curious, I went towards the nearest one and stare at it.