𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟒

—NOVA POV—

—NOVA POV—

Everyone always asked me, what I found so fun about skateboarding.

Truth is, it's the escapism.

Going down the sidewalks as fast as you possibly can, music blasting through your headphones. It's really a true experience, it helps you escape from anything bad in your life, even if it's just for a second. That's still, a second.

A moment, of happiness.

People always say, you don't have a reason to be sad. Your life is perfect, but sometimes there isn't a reason. It's just how you feel, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Some people, enjoy venting about their feelings. Sharing their emotions, and communicating.

That's not me.

I keep it bottled in, and just skateboard my way throughout life. If i'm not at the ice cream shop, i'm at the skate park, if i'm not there.

Then i'm hanging out with Tom, he's always good company. Although, I get called a ranga six times a day, but I love him.

During school, people tell you no girls can have guy best friends. Because in the end, they try and get into your pants, but that isn't always the case.

Most girls are conniving, and honestly quite fake. I admit, I can be pretty mean. Only to your face though, never behind your back.

I pushed the board with my right foot, the breeze hitting my face, as my hair cascades around my beat headphones. Nights like these, felt nice.

Calm, peaceful.

See, I wasn't one to complain about the single life, but lately it's been hard. Being alone, I mean of course I have Tom, but our friendship isn't like that, I need a person who'll love me in the way I want them to. Not platonic, but other ways.

You scroll on your phone, in the middle of the night and see these amazing couples. It makes you think to yourself, how you'd feel in that position. Would I hate it? Or would I love it?

I started to slow down on my board, catching it in my hands. I went into, the gas station.

I grabbed a bag of funyuns, don't even.

They're good, okay?

I walked over to the fridge section, I grabbed a case of beers. Will they sell it to me? Who knows, but hey it's worth a shot.

I had the chips in my armpit, skateboard in one hand, and in the other was the six bottles of beer.

I set my stuff down on the table. "Marlboro lights." I pointed to them, behind him.

He looks me up and down, I pulled down on my top a little bit, trying to seduce a store clerk probably isn't the best way to go at things.

But it's what, is working at the moment.

"ID?" He scans the funyuns, first. I scratch the back of my head, looking to the side.

"Ehh.... well you see, on my way over here I was skateboarding right? And then I bumped into a bunch of mobsters, and they took my wallet, but what they didn't know is that I keep my money in my bra, so they just stole my ID."

"Uh uh..." He nods at me, slowly.

"Sorry little lady, I can't give you anything without proof of age." He apologizes to me.

I looked around, before quickly looking back at him. I lifted my shirt all the way up.

I flashed him my boobies, oh dear.

I put it back down, seeing his eye slightly twitching. "Can I have it now?" I fixed a piece of my hair, moving it behind my ear.

He doesn't say anything, turning around he just got the lights, I actually was not wearing a bra so that makes my story even less credible.

Whatever.

I pulled out two twenties from my pocket, grabbing everything. I started to go on my merry way back home, dropping my skate board. I pushed with my right foot again.

I pulled out my phone, calling Tom.

"Hey, you good?" He questioned. "Yeah, who's awake in the house right now?" I stood at the front door, not wanting to go inside with beer.

"Nope." Tom responded, I hung up. Going inside, I went to his room, setting my things down.

"Crack open your window." I instructed, bringing the case over to his bed.

"How did you?" He watched me take the marlboros out of my pocket. "I um.." I took the lighter out, from my other pocket.

"I flashed the guy at the gas station." I slipped my shoes off, getting on his bed.

"Nova." He says blankly, I held the fag against my mouth. Lighting up the end of it, I passed it to Tom. "I figured, it was worth a shot." I shrugged, my shoulders.

"That's not very smart, they have cameras." He mentions, passing it back to me. "I'm proud of my titties, I don't care." I laughed.

"I don't know, they're a little on the smaller side. Don't you think?" He teases, trying to get a reaction out of me. I glared at him.

"See now you would never, say that to one of the girls you're fucking. Why are you saying that to me." I leaned over his body, grabbing a beer.

"Cause, if I were to say that to anyone else. I'd get bitch slapped." He defends. "I'll bitch slap you." I threatened, lifting my hand up.

"You won't."

"I will."

"Try me."

I slapped him harshly across the face.

Haha.