𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖

—NOVA POV—-TIME SKIP TWO MONTHS-

—NOVA POV—
-TIME SKIP TWO MONTHS-

I stood on my tippy toes, placing some notebooks in the top cubby in my locker.

I smiled, feeling hands snake around my waist.

"Hi." I closed my locker, turning around. I was met with Nate. "Are you ready to go?" He questioned, leaning down to give me a kiss.

"Yes." I replied, he picked up my backpack. Swinging it over his shoulder, I held my board. Exiting the school, I saw Tom in the parking lot.

"Don't be late for our shift." I advised him, leaning against Nate's car.

"I won't, I just have to drop Emerson off at dance practice and then i'll be there." He reassured, I nodded. Walking over to the passenger seat.

"Okay, my shift is in an hour. Meaning, that's how much time we have." I buckled in my seatbelt. "More then enough time." Nate started his car up, reversing out of his spot.

"So Tom, and Emerson." He mentioned, glancing at me. "Oh my God Nate, i've been wanting to talk to someone about this." I started getting all jittery, thinking about their relationship. 

"She's so sweet, i'm so glad I convinced him to ask her out. And, she's at our house like every night. Granted, we know what for. But our moms literally love her." And the thing is, it's not even that she's just Tom's girlfriend.

She's my friend too, and sometimes they let me hang out in the room with them. When Nate isn't available, or when they aren't um..

You know.

"That's good." He placed a hand on my thigh, I held his hand. Sitting in a comfortable silence.

Usually, everyday after school we'd go and eat fast food. Whether, it's chic-fil-a or mcdonald's or even taco bell. It didn't matter.

"Let's do canes today." I pointed to the restaurant. He pulled into the drive through, already knowing my order.

I waited patiently, in the line behind all the other cars. "So..." I tapped my fingernails, against the center console. Not knowing what to say.

"So?" He laughed, handing the lady his card.

"Are you going to stay for my shift?" I asked, normally he would. But honestly, it's been so long since i've had just best friend time with Tom. I really, needed it.

"I'm sorry babe, I gotta pick up my sister from school today. My dads busy, and then I have to drive Carson. To get his license finally." He rolled his eyes. "Okay, no problem."

Nate pulled up to the second window. Getting our food and drinks, we situated in the parking lot. Just eating and talking.

"When are you free next?" He kept his hand on my inner thigh. His thumb stroking against it gently. "You know my schedule." I picked up a fry, dipping it in the sauce.

"Yes but I just mean..." He didn't say it, but I knew what he meant. I sipped on my Dr. Pepper, staring out the window. Not responding.

"Next weekend?" I suggested.

"For what?"

"You know for what." I hinted. "Are you ready? I don't want—" He sighed, not knowing how to word it. "Yeah, I am." I cleared my throat, looking anywhere but at him.

For you slow pokes, we're talking about sex.

I hadn't realized how much time, had gone by. "My shift." I mentioned, pointing to the time on the little screen in the car.

"I'll get you there in time, don't worry." He closed his box of food up, placing it in the back. I did the same, stacking it on top of his.

He drove off, I stared at every street light as we past by it. It was already getting dark, considering it was nearing winter now.

He stopped in front of the parlor. I picked my stuff up, opening the car door. I turned to Nate, giving him kiss. "Bye." I smiled, my hand hovering over the handle of the door.

"Bye, love you."

I froze, in my seat. Not turning back around to face him. I muttered a "Thank you." running out of the car. Oh no, oh no, oh no.

I gulped, swinging the door open.

"Tom! Tom! Tom!" I started jumping up and down, placing my hands on his shoulder.

"What? What?! WHAT!?!" He panicked along with me. "Nate, told me he loves me. And I said thank you." I finally got out.

"You said thank you?!" He tilted his head at me.

"I don't love him!"

"You should've just said it Nova, oh my God." He groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I can't say it if I don't mean it! He's sweet, and shit. But I don't love him, and he wants me to have sex with him. Which I will do, but I don't love him!" I hushed out.

"Nova." Tom sighed, deeply.

"You know, you don't have to have sex with him if you don't want to." He walked behind the counter. "I do want to."

"Just don't regret it." He smiled softly, at me. "How's Emerson?" There was no customers right now, so I figured a little light conversation couldn't hurt, I missed him. A lot.

"She's good, though she can't hang out for a couple days. Because, of a dance competition. I guess..." He shrugs it off.

"Dance competitions don't last multiple days." I said, suspiciously. "I don't know, practice and shit. I don't know what that girl does."

"She's your girlfriend."

"Eh." He shrugged again, wiping down some cups. "What do you mean, eh?!" I was about to lose it on him.

"We just have sex, it's not that serious." He says. Not that serious?! They hang out all the time!

"You can't be serious." I leaned again the counter, he was beside.

"She knows it, and I know it. It's not serious."

Not serious my ass.

"Just like how you say, you and Nate aren't serious. But you're with him every waking moment." He called me out.

Okay, fine.