IX

It was Friday, one day before prom. She danced across the hallway, jittery and excited on the confession she was going to that day. She spotted her friends, Yu-ri, Ji-won and Min-ju hanging around the lockers, tapping them on the back, she flashed them a smile.

"Someone's excited?" Min-ju asked, leaning against her locker. 

"Well yes, you know what day it is!"

"Friday?" She looked at her confused, she mentally slapped her own forehead as the latter had forgotten about what she had told her, last night.

"What did i tell you last night?" She sighed, holding into the strap of her bag.

"That you accidentally shredd- Ohh, about the prom date!" Min-ju smiled, finally realising what the latter was talking about.

Before she could answer she spotted Won-young, her arm around Hikaru's. She felt her heart sink, her friends looked at her with a worried look, knowing it'd hurt her.

"Oh, well... damn? Min-ju" She looked at her.

"Do me a favour, go to it with me, i will buy you ice cream."

"Deal!"

Later that day she caught up with someone she had been meaning to talk to. 

"Sung-hoon!" She waved to him from the other side of the court. The latter looked at her and smiled, jogging toward her.

"Hey Yu-jin. If you are looking for Won, i have no clue where she is" He took the basketball to his hand as he stared at her, pretty confused on why she decided to talk to her. The latter wasn't one to talk to people she usually didn't talk to, she kept herself to a small circle of people. 

"No no, i am not looking for her. Is she going to prom with Hikaru or?" 

He looked at her with a neutral expression on his face, brushing his hand through his hair, he replied, "I don't know for sure, but last night she was talking about wanting to go with someone unless they are taken, then she would go with Hikaru" 

She nodded, "Oh thank you! Are you going there tomorrow?" He nodded and smiled, before running off to his friends. 

She had found out from Rei that Won-young was in fact going out with Hikaru, so she was to go with Min-ju. She looked at herself from the rear view mirror of her car, taking breaths to calm herself down, she had never tried to purposely make someone jealous and it was a completely new, nerve-wracking experience for her.

She exited her car as she spotted Min-ju with Yu-ri and Ye-na, she waked up behind them and gently tapped Min-ju on the shoulder, trying to get her attention. She turned her head to look at her,  she was wearing a pretty light beige skirt above the level of  her knees, a matching bow that complemented her outfit and dusty white boots.

"So, you'll play into everything right?" She asked in a low tone so that no one aside from her friends would hear it.

"Will i get my ice cream?" 

She nodded in response, the latter smiled.

"Then, yes, i will!"

The night was going smoothly, she was enjoying herself with her friends, but she always felt as if someone was staring, just watching. She placed the cup of punch down on the table and turned her head to meet someone as she had felt a hand graze her shoulder. She was met with pretty eyes and someone in a pretty dress that just complemented her tall figure.

"Yu-jin, i need to tell you something!" She said, her voice low, yet calm. She looked at her contemplating whether she should agree and let her say whatever. But she didn't send a whole day getting jealous over some guy she knew and was going out with, there was a huge chance that what she was about to say was about her and him dating or something of that sort.

She quickly shook away her thoughts, "yeah, Won-young, what is it?" 

"I like you" Her cheeks immediately turned a rose red, her eyes wandered away.

 She took a deep breathe before replying, "I like you too"

"I meant more than friends"

"Well, i like you more than friends"

------

Lacklustre, rushed ending :)

There probably will be a new one (story) in a few days :)